• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Titan Adventure P0128 fault code

retired

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2019 titan adventure
Hello Polaris Titan owners, I have a 2019 Titan Adventure with 229 miles on it that is throwing a fault code P0128. " P0128: Engine Temperature Sensor. Temperature Too Low. Contact Your Dealer. " This fault code is found in your diagnostics section of your PIDD after the "cold engine warning" goes out, on warm up. Its now at the dealership and so far they changed out the sensor and tested the thermostat and the fault code persists. Has anyone here heard of, or had the same fault code logged on their machine and had it resolved?
Thanks for reading this post.

Last edited:
Update: Wiring checked, ECU changed out, problem still there

Update: P.I.D.D changed out, fault still there, wiring harness next

Changed out main harness, problem still persists. Fault code P0128 contact dealer. Next step, change out the hood harness, ( it's on back order) (and its the harness that connects the P.I.D.D.) the final part? Any wagers?

Harness back ordered till end of April. Hope it is the solution.

Today, Polaris Customer Service told me that this is a normal fault code on Titan snowmobiles. After all the time spent trouble shooting this fault code, changing out sensors, thermostat, ECU, P.I.D.D. display, and two main wiring harnesses, the fault code is still there and its a normal fault code. I asked the customer service rep if he'd heard of any other Titan owners with the same problem and he said he couldn't tell me and he would get an actual Polaris tech to phone me and explain. I just want to ask any Titan owners out there if they have the same fault code logging on their machine. Polaris says this is normal and I should go and pick up the sled from the dealership, case closed. I would really appreciate any feedback on this from other Titan owners. As long as my sled is in the dealership, its still under warranty, if I pick it up , no more warranty. Thanks for any input on this subject.
IMG_4491a.jpg

Only fault code I’ve had is when gear selector is in between gears.

I am posting some of what happened today in the case of my sled Fault Code P0128. Polaris USA and Polaris snow Division based in Winnipeg Canada called me on a conference call. Apparently, the tech originally assigned to my case was not familiar with the Titans systems, and had proceeded to instruct the dealership to conduct component change outs when the problem is a self correcting fault logged when the Titan warms up. To make a very long story short, the "new" tech assigned to my case told me the fault is normally logged on warm up, but clears itself after riding for a few miles. I asked why it was there in the first place? He said it was a normal fault, nothing to worry about. He then said I shouldn't look at the diagnostic screen unless there is a "Check Engine" indication on the PIDD. I asked why the fault code instructs you to "Contact Dealer" and he again said that it was a fault that eventually corrects itself and didn't effect the sleds operation. I suggested that Polaris should re-write the program that generates a fault that is irrelevant in the first place, and then instructs you to contact dealer as a correction. I check my sled before I go for a ride, including the diagnostics screen and the fault directed me to see the dealer so I did. So Polaris was very generous, and extended my warranty for two more years for this unfortunate mistake. My sled has been in the shop since Febuary19, I should be picking it up this week. I'm very skeptical of the non answers of why the fault is there in the first place. (next time you warm up your Titans, see if you get this warm up fault too) Thanks again for replying to my questions.

I have a 2020 850 Indy XC. The low temperature red bar at the bottom of the gauge goes out between 65 and 70 degrees. On one ride the red bar came on and the temperature degrees fluctuated wildly. Turned out that the harness to the temperature sender failed. The problem is not self correcting when the engine warms up. It is not a normal fault code. Customer service doesn't know what they're talking about.

I have been informed by the Polaris Snow Division Tech, that the Fault code P0128 will remain on the diagnostics screen until the ignition key is cycled ( turned off and on) AFTER the engine is fully warmed up, not after running the sled for a few miles. Thanks for reading and your replies.

I have been informed by the Polaris Snow Division Tech, that the Fault code P0128 will remain on the diagnostics screen until the ignition key is cycled ( turned off and on) AFTER the engine is fully warmed up, not after running the sled for a few miles. Thanks for reading and your replies.
I just started mine today and had no fault codes that came up and I also checked under diagnostics, nothing.

Thanks TitanMike, so far, my Titan seems to be a one of a kind, and not the priceless kind.

Back
Top Bottom