• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Top Speed?

My 15 SWB8 would hit 109 on IDD often on the same road.. 144 1.325 Woodys all stock otherwise.

This is how I see it. It's just my opinion on the axys chassis.
The axys pro s and pro X chassis is a corner to corner sled not a lake racer. The xcr 800 was a lake racing chassis.

Can you make the axys go fast?? Yes. It takes clutching, gearing and suspension know how to do all this. All 3 of these have to be set right for it to perform or it won't work, plain and simple.

Now, do I wanna make my axys do 120 mph?? NO!!! I could, but it would suck corner to corner.

I like to make this chassis do a TRUE 108-112 mph on radar on a accurate timing system. The speedometer is about 5% off.

I've lined these sleds up with a clutched 1.61 and a 1.73 ratio. Both stock, just clutching,gearing and suspension set up. The 1.73 ratio is consistently faster in 660',800,1000' and 1200 ' by an average of 5+ lengths. Now this is the set up I want. It's not for all of you and some won't agree.
I wanna do 108- 112 mph as fast as I can in the shortest distance with this axys chassis. That's my set up.

Rode yesterday and the trails were fast. Got on them before the yahoos without passes beat the snot out of them. We averaged 56 mph for our 190 mile ride. Here's the best speed that I got on absolute hero snow. Sorry for the out of focus picture. My buddy hit 111 mph on his 2016 AXYS Switchback Pro X. Best ride that I've ever had.
IMG_3740.jpg

Couldn't agree more - Was simply posting what these are capable of doing, we don't that chance here in Maine to run long distances. So, we said lets try it. The set up thats in it is my trail set up and whatever set up that is in in feels great on the trail, corner to corner pulls like gangbusters, comes out @ 8000 - slowly climbs to 8250-8300. (long runs it runs to 8350) Only have 120 miles on it now - more testing to come. And I fully realize the speedo's aren't accurate.

Couldn't agree more - Was simply posting what these are capable of doing, we don't that chance here in Maine to run long distances. So, we said lets try it. The set up thats in it is my trail set up and whatever set up that is in in feels great on the trail, corner to corner pulls like gangbusters, comes out @ 8000 - slowly climbs to 8250-8300. (long runs it runs to 8350) Only have 120 miles on it now - more testing to come. And I fully realize the speedo's aren't accurate.
Hey #29 where in maine are you riding

This was on a small pond in Tuner. We need more snow - trails are thin. Northern Maine has a little more than we do here but too need snow...sucks!

To be honest,I have ran a yamaha viper for the last two years. I have had a Polaris all my life before that. Last one being a 2013 800 pro-r 800. The big uproar was the viper would only hit some 85-100mph ish. Viper speedos very accurate. I remember my Polaris speedo hitting 110 easy didn't realize it was off so far. Considering going back to Polaris due too no new releases from yamaha and been watching threads. I do love Polaris and yamaha and would buy either. I had Polaris for 23 years and never blew a motor or let me down. Just last few years ( before 2013 )lots of buddy's had issues. I have beenwatching what the new engine is like and trying to get info. I may get Polaris next year but figured stock 800 was more than 100 mph. To be honest my viper will hit that with few mods. Do not take this wrong way. I have nothing bad to say about Polaris. Never left me stranded in 23 years and would buy one any day. Just figured it would be quicker. Trying to decide my next move and not trying to start something. So please do not take this the wrong way they are great sleds. Any info would be appreciated. At Canadian prices have to do research.

A pro X will do 90-100
A pro s will do 100+

Clutching and gearing are the big improvement on the Polaris sleds as usual. Tons to gain .

A pro X will do 90-100
A pro s will do 100+

Clutching and gearing are the big improvement on the Polaris sleds as usual. Tons to gain .
My buddy's 2016 Pro X 800 Switchback did 111 and it was stock but on the same hero snow that I did 116.

Would regearing to 1.74 apply to the Rush shorty as well?

Yes it would. I have a rush axys and a switchback axys. Both sleds really wake up with the 1.74. Corner to corner the rush is unstoppable in the trails
You got that right bud.
And you've tried the 1.61,1.67 and 1.74 ratios.
Which one is your all around favorite??

You got that right bud.
And you've tried the 1.61,1.67 and 1.74 ratios.
Which one is your all around favorite??
Before I even got my sled I looked at the gear ratio chart and went with 1.74. It was a no brainer move. I put 500 miles on it and went to a slightly stiffer primary spring, heavier weights, and a slightly stiffer secondary spring. It took me about an afternoon to get my clutching down. Since then I've made a few changes and viola way more fun sled to ride. Div20

Back
Top Bottom