• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

unhappy with terra alps racing and ted

IMFASTER

I had ted build an engine for me. I sent him my engine in june 2015 along with the money he needed to modify it. after that he was almost impossible to reach. he had my motor and my money. months went by and I had to beg for my engine back even threaten to drive there to get it 3000 miles for me. after 6 months he sent it back. untested. the engine did not run correctly when we got it on the dyno at jaws. greg suggested to ted a fix. ted didn't take his advise and went his own way the engine still didn't rum correctly. this brought me to april. very unhappy this ted and terra alps racing. I gave up on the engine. terra alps is a big mistake.

How much power did it make ? What was the issue with it ? Isn't terra alps in higher elevation area ? I have nothing bad to say about them BUT as a flatlander I'm always nervous about using elevation shops for myself.

I had him build my engine last December and its a weapon. Absolutely outstanding customer service still to this day!. He was very difficult to reach on the phone yes, but seems hes the type to just build and call when its done. This was my experience.

Is there more to this story, Did you guys agree on a return date? Never send money to anyone for unfinished services.

I don't wanna bash anyone or praise the heck outta anyone

I'll just tell the plain truth

I'm waiting on a defective part to come in and then I'll say more about this topic

This is my first year dealing with ted, I can say this, he returns every call, text and fb message I've ever left him. I've heard horror stories from some guys but I myself haven't had any issues with terra alps. when we first spoke about having a motor done Ted was very informative with me on the process and time frame. when I need stuff sent to me I pay in full and he sends it, just like any other vendor I've ever delt with. he did require a deposit for starting my motor which I gave him up front, this is pretty standard in the industry. upon completion he said he will call for the final payment then my motor will be shipped out. being in the business myself I can say that answering every call every time the phone rings is hard when your a small shop with few employees. as a wise man once said patients is a virtue .

So, it's been two weeks since I had message conversations with ted at terra alps about my defective head leaking coolant . He said he was going to replace it as he had one on the shelf. Then it was a few days later and it was things were just coming out of machining ?

I'm pissed because I had to fix his head while I was on Dyno two weeks ago. Dyno time costs money and I'm there to improve and change stuff for more power. Not to fix someone else's defective parts

I don't like to bash online, but this is what's happening

I told him that if I have to fix his stuff, I won't be pleased

This isn't right

Sorry your having a bump in the road. I know it sucks. Not specifically Ted but all these aftermarket companies need to really be on point with claims and meeting expectations In both performance and customer service. Social media being so prevelant these days you can be a hero or a 0 in no time flat.

So to add to this story. I've contacted ted several times on my defective head leaking coolant.

Now, I take the sled out yesterday for the first time and it does nothing but det down low.
Figured it was his (ted) tight squish and higher cr than said as we've seen this before and det problems.
I relieved -3 degrees timing down low in a huge block and didn't help (0-40% throttle )
I specifically asked ted for a head that was good at sea level to 2000' asl on pump gas(87-91 octane)
it goes into limp mode down low all the time
I'm not the first guy having these problems with terra alps stuff going into det mode cause of his head design. Lots out there
He won't return my messages either
Great support from terra alps?
So now I gotta fix his defective head and get new domes with a proper squish and compression ratio on my dime
This is awesome

That's good ted

As long as you do what you say ?

I still haven't received my head cover from you that you said you would send me November 23/16?
I fixed it, but that's not the issue here . Following up with customer support is everything!!

I will only post what is 100% true.

Work me me here as I'm figuring out what you did and I shouldn't have to. Like the squish that you said was 0.060"
It's 0.048" squish
So that's off , which can happen from machining

Is the 12:1 compression ratio correct??
Lots aren't as seen by lots of aftermarket companies making heads(domes)

I'm going to cc the head ,because I need to know if it's 12:1 compression ratio which is HUGELY important

That's good ted

As long as you do what you say ?

I still haven't received my head cover from you that you said you would send me November 23/16?
I fixed it, but that's not the issue here . Following up with customer support is everything!!

I will only post what is 100% true.

Work me me here as I'm figuring out what you did and I shouldn't have to. Like the squish that you said was 0.060"
It's 0.048" squish
So that's off , which can happen from machining

Is the 12:1 compression ratio correct??
Lots aren't as seen by lots of aftermarket companies making heads(domes)

I'm going to cc the head ,because I need to know if it's 12:1 compression ratio which is HUGELY important

This is Not Ted

Then who are you if you don't mind me asking?

No one uses real names on these forums so it's hard to tell who's who?

Sorry

Thanks though

Then who are you if you don't mind me asking?

No one uses real names on these forums so it's hard to tell who's who?

Sorry

Thanks though
Well there ya have it.. I do use my real name... I wish everybody would do the same... I know you are not a big support of my company.. but like I said.. I am interested in helping you since you have been ripped off..Maybe we can change your opinion?? Kelsey from RK Tek Inc.

Thanks
Kelsey

To get this straight I'm very cautious of every after market company out there. It's not just you. I measure ,check and always Dyno stuff to see if it works and will only post what is 100 % true as seen on Dyno . There's 3 of us on here that do that . We inform ourselves, plus help guys and kinda keep the aftermarket guys inline .

There is to much optimism with all aftermarket companies that don't produce when it's on the Dyno
Seen it way to many times.

Anyways , nuff said of that

Thanks
Kelsey

To get this straight I'm very cautious of every after market company out there. It's not just you. I measure ,check and always Dyno stuff to see if it works and will only post what is 100 % true as seen on Dyno . There's 3 of us on here that do that . We inform ourselves, plus help guys and kinda keep the aftermarket guys inline .

There is to much optimism with all aftermarket companies that don't produce when it's on the Dyno
Seen it way to many times.

Anyways , nuff said of that

I understand.. and that is great... I am not here to get into a "dyno testing war" I'll tell you this and any honest shop will tell you the same... We have ALL had products that do not show well on the dyno and absolutely KILL IT on the snow...(and dirt).. So while I understand your dyno perspective... In the end, Real world testing is where the final decision should be made on how well a product works or does not work.

Well there ya have it.. I do use my real name... I wish everybody would do the same..

This is true. But, it only works once. Names get taken fast. Then you have kel1, kel58catkiller, kel96#ladysman76goldschlager then people just start making crap up.

Just the nature of things.

As with most aftermarket companies, it's rare it is what they say it is. Doesn't matter if were talking hp, specs ,clutch kits,etc...
I've seen this from every aftermarket company for 25+ years .
For example, a set of 12:1 compression ratio heads with 0.060" squish that I got with the kit as I wanted for pump fuel and that's what I exactly wanted.

Well

The actual is 12.55:1 compression ratio and 0,048" squish . I didn't want this much compression for were I ride and the pump fuel I get . Compression is to hi and the squish is to tight. Not what I asked for or wanted.

Same shit over and over by all the aftermarket companies

But they know more then the Polaris engineers, just ask all of them

As with most aftermarket companies, it's rare it is what they say it is. Doesn't matter if were talking hp, specs ,clutch kits,etc...
I've seen this from every aftermarket company for 25+ years .
For example, a set of 12:1 compression ratio heads with 0.060" squish that I got with the kit as I wanted for pump fuel and that's what I exactly wanted.

Well

The actual is 12.55:1 compression ratio and 0,048" squish . I didn't want this much compression for were I ride and the pump fuel I get . Compression is to hi and the squish is to tight. Not what I asked for or wanted.

Same shit over and over by all the aftermarket companies

But they know more then the Polaris engineers, just ask all of them
I totally agree with you Brock. There are very few aftermarket companies that have a good reputation. Now the toughest part is finding one. Thank God we have the internet and bad news travels rather quickly, so does good news.

Back
Top Bottom