• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Voltage Regulator Issues

Ally

Hello! So I have a 2000 XCSP that kept blowing headlight bulbs so I replaced the voltage regulator with an aftermarket one. After cleaning up the ground and installing it I started it (no electric start) and now have no dash lights along with no headlights. I just wanted to go for a night ride so I put the old one back on and figured I'd just replace a bulb if need be however the dash/headlights never came back on again! Both regulators light up so I know they are operational (only one yellow wire) and the brown wires (ground) have been cleaned up and is secured up against the chassis... I didn't change or do anything else so why wouldn't the old VR light up the sled? Any ideas??

I'll check but unlikely all my bulbs blew... the high beam light dash light comes on if I hold it down but doesn't 'click' and stay on like before I changed the VR but I never touched the handle bar controls, I only swapped out the VR

Bulbs seem to be fine, no breaks in the filaments and no burn marks. The wires to the gauges and bulbs seem to be fine as well. I'm going to buy another VR tomorrow, see what happens.

Check, double and triple check your wiring and grounds. Then check again.

It's possible that your new regulator is bad. But it's also possible that your wiring is bad, and it's also possible that your stator is bad.

If the lights don't work when you get your new regulator, your going to have get checking with a wiring diagram and get probing with a multimeter.

Wiring, grounds, switches, stator. Check em', probe em'.

https://www.google.com/search?q=200...droid-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Back
Top Bottom