• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Warning: Cold Engine?

Marcus Morrissey

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris & Arctic Cat
Hi guys,

Check the forum and can I really be the only one having this issue?

So as you probably guessed I get a Warning: Cold Engine from my '19 850 SBA but it happens after I warm-up!

Yes, yes, take it to the dealer but I can't really do atm in my area.

What are your thoughts? Bad sensor? Is there any way I can troubleshoot it? Don't wanna smash my warranty either. Already reported to dealer and PooPoo.

A couple of pictures attached. Can clearly see temp sitting around 50c and as i apply throttle it tells me the engine is cold.

poo_cold.PNG

poo_colder..JPG

Thanks in advance!

Most likely it is sensor related. Has the sensor being doing this since brand new? You can test the resistance of the sensor. Measure it at room temp. Then put it in some hot water. If someone has a service manual, you can compare the resistance specs to the service manual. It almost sounds like the temp sensor was wired backwards from the factory.

My 2020 did that once. It was the cable that hooked from the harness to the sensor. Is your sensor and cable all one piece?

Just bring this to the top again. The main problem for 2020 is the jumper harness between the temp sensor and the main harness. The temp sensor plug end would loss connection because the contacts became weak. Digging in the contactor with a pick or small screwdriver to bend them back in would help the problem. Polaris does have a fix for this and if you still have a problem take the sled in for warranty. There's a new sensor that have the wires podded into it and connects directly to the main harness.

If you haven't had the fix installed and this happens on the trail pull the plug off and bend the contacts back in. It a little hard to get in there so bring a pick or small screwdriver.

Back
Top Bottom