• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

What skis ???

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
What skis do you guys like for your style of riding??
I like the C&A pro xcs ski's for aggressive on off trail. They corner to good actually. Had to loosen up ski pressure from stock 5/16" and still was a little hard on the arms cause it corners so well. They get you up on the snow very well too in the powder. Great on/ off ski for aggressive on/off trail.
My only gripe, is they corner to hard and the 1" keel should be 7/8" keel with a carbide inset a little..
Screenshot_20160325-163240.png

I have RZ's on my X. Love them, and about almost everyone in my riding group has a pair of them. The wife rides it and still has no problem with steering effort. Makes a big improvement in predictability and damn near eliminates all push and darting.

I have RZ's on my X. Love them, and about almost everyone in my riding group has a pair of them. The wife rides it and still has no problem with steering effort. Makes a big improvement in predictability and damn near eliminates all push and darting.
I was thinking about these too. A little less aggressive of a keel then the xcs ski.
What type of riding do you do??
I'm groomed trail,hard pack,racing about 90% of the time and off trail 10%.

I was thinking about these too. A little less aggressive of a keel then the xcs ski.
What type of riding do you do??
I'm groomed trail,hard pack,racing about 90% of the time and off trail 10%.
I do a little bit of everything. All depends on which group I ride with. Probably 50/50 aggressive trail riding, off trail play. I ride in the UP where the snow is usually on the soft side so for me I've always considered kneel design to be more important that carbides.

I like the sly dogs had them on my pro r have not tried them on my pro s yet will give them a go this year 80% trail 20% off trail have run them with 6 in shaper bars easy on the arms and good in the powder had c & a a little to aggressive on the arms on long rides

c & a a little to aggressive on the arms on long rides

Which make??

I found the c&a pro xcs are very aggressive and hard on the arms too. They rail to good if that's the correct term. I even loosened up my ski pressure 5/16" more then stock to better this.
Guys are saying the rz are OK though?

I reworked my ski keel from 1" to 7/8" and set the carbide in 3/16" to help.
IMAG1063_1.jpg

Kinda hard to tell in the pic. But the stock vs my reworked one.

One thing that helps IMO is the axys is very easy to steer to begin with so a ski that might have been too aggressive on an older chassis is fine now. My old prox is noticeably harder to steer despite the fact that it's less rider forward and the ski's are not as aggressive.

I like the powder hound same as trail ski nut it jut 1 inch wider witch works really well in the powder but again have not tried them on my pro s as of yet heres soime info

ApplicationTrail & Deep Powder
SKI TECHNOLOGY
SNOWINDUCTION PROCESS
  1. INTAKE SCOOP
    The intake scoop pulls snow into the ski's channel.

2. CHANNEL
    The channel narrows as it runs the length of the reverse angle keel, thus compressing snow against the keel to create floatation and give the keel a base to corner against.

3. REVERSE ANGLE KEEL
    The unique reverse angle keel cuts its own footprint which minimizes darting and maximizes control.

4. PLATFORM
    The platform helps hold snow, and provides floatation in powder and on the trail.
MODELCOMPARISONS
  1. 6"TRAIL
    SKI

Length42.5"

Width6"

Keel Height1"

Weight5.4 lbs

ApplicationTrail &
    Race

2. 7"POWDER HOUND
    Length42.5"

Width7"

Keel Height1"

Weight5.9 lbs

3. 8"POWDER HOUND
    Length42.5"

Width8"

Keel Height1.25"

Weight6.9 lbs

I RunThe Splitt Rails .
I Run 98% fast trail !
These skis corner excellent without major ski pressure so end of the day your arms don't feel like they are falling off.
they shoot snow out from skis so no need for ice scratchers.
Also helping cooling the sled when you are running in low snow conditions. Guys riding behind me stay a bit further back because off the snow shooting out from them.
Another is you do not need to adjust ski pressure and adjust suspension as much due too changing conditions of the trails to Rail Around the corner..
The Dual runner also helps spread the impact factor when riding in low snow conditions to prevent bent and damaged runners. Carbides last forever.
I can't say enough about how much I like these skis. I have had them on every sled I have owned since they came out. I have rode about 30000 km with split rails.
But I DO NOT recommend them for off trail and I also think they might scrub 1 to 3 mph of top end speed.

Initial feel of the stock skis, too aggressive for my liking, prefer a lil bit of initial push through the corners vs "on rails" kinda feeling. Have a pair of new doo pilots I may try or pop for a pair of SLP / SLT's, been on several of my last sleds. On a sled where I found a hair too much push, replaced SLP bars with shapers for more bite. Light steering, very little to no darting, amount they flex softens up impacts through the bars along with predictable handling. Only ski I like more, Simmons Gen I or Gen III. Cool skis but under certain conditions they can be a work out + do scrub off top end speed plus a hair of fuel mileage.

I have also run the split rails on my previous sled for 10,000 miles and they really do rail the corners with no darting. I did put the Mohawks on my Pro S 800 SB and those work awesome for the trail and the deep. Have about 4,600 miles on them. Did put the Bergstrom Triple Points on at end of season.

My Powder Pro's had not been used since 2005. I put them on the Indy600 last year. Conditions were less the great all of the short season in Vilas county Wi last year. I hope to try them on the AXYS swtcher this coming season.

Back
Top Bottom