• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Whats coming next?

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
Since ski doo brought out a 850cc, I bet cat will out due them with a more powerful motor in a two stroke.
Cat likes to be top of the hp wars as their die hard followers love it and live it. And seems the only way they'll buy it, is if it's the most hp?

Yamaha bought some hp to add fuel to the fire as well in the four stroke.
What do you guys think about these hp wars ??

Im sure cat will do something with a 2 stroke.
Yamaha is a few years behind.They lost many customers in the last 5 years.The sidewinder is an awesome sled but where was it in 2011?

Im sure cat will do something with a 2 stroke.
Yamaha is a few years behind.They lost many customers in the last 5 years.The sidewinder is an awesome sled but where was it in 2011?
And it's not cheap either :(

Yamaha never seems to have its head above water.. always behind for the consumer.

hopefully it gets to the point where we need 2 stroke tripples wow 200 hp under 500 lbs I really can't believe that it's cheaper to build a 3 cylinder 4 stroke compared to a 2 stroke just dreaming I guess .Do you think Polaris will come out with a bigger twin because for sure Artic will not stand for having a smaller twin the any of the other companies let the big twin wars begin again 1000 cc and up lol

I don't believe Polaris will do anything. They are not in the HP war games. Maybe Cat will get with D&D or whoever makes them 925 kits for the F8s and release a special edition Sled for the HP wars...

I think cat will come out with a c tec that's 175+ hp. 840-900??

Polaris won't do anything until they have to. As I mean by epa. Since they had a di way back in 1999 in water craft. They might deliver something di wise because their in bed with orbital(injection tech) But, Polaris never does anything until pushed and are in #2 position with just 2 strokes dirty sdi tech.

Low tech,making millions and in #2 spot doesn't push the company enough in my mind .

Polaris is making millions while others pay out millions in tech and r&d . Not bad for being old sdi tech in my mind. But that will make Polaris sit back and watch in my mind. (I could be wrong?)

If I was buying and had the money, I'd be getting a Sidewinder. I spent 3 years on a Apex. 07,08,09, because in 06 the Fuse600 was the best thing Polaris had going. I traded it for the Apex cause it was just not enough. No complaints. The overwight bs doesn't hold water with me. By 07 they had been around 4 years. You should have known they were heavy when buying.

With all these sleds , it's pick your poison.

I'd like to see poo add the pro star 4 stroke into a sled as its reliable as hell. But they won't as their fine with the dirty old 2 stroke technology and making millions by using this old tech.
If Polaris sales dropped to #4 spot, then you'd see them make drastic moves.
I just think their to comfortable were their at??

Yamaha is a great product for sure. In my opinion, they need to get away from cat and be their own again.

Back
Top Bottom