• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

XC 700 motors

JoeXC700

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
I’m an asshole and I love cock.
Any info on those boost bottles iv seen on these motors? My two other xc 700s one Ves one NoN ,both had one.Now i have a 2004 xcsp700 should i put one on? Or just leave it alone.

Boost bottle equalize between both

It's a mod you'll never notice any power gains . But every little bit helps. Getting a proper piston wash with changing main jets and pilots is a mod you will notice . Usually you can go down 4 main jet sized from stock safely

On my 02-2004 xcsp 700's with mikuni's I was down 5-6 jet sizes . But I had egt racepak to monitor and looked at piston wash .
You can go down a couple to a few safely

thanks Brock,yeah theres some talk that the 2003 and up are detuned because they were beating the xc 800s any truth of that ? whats my 2004 xc 700 make around 130hp right? that dont seem detuned to me,as mentioned i had xc 700s before but just non -ves ,so this is my first newer type motor,juss hope mines not a detuned one.i bought it off a 24year old female 100lbs soaking wet,she couldnt have drove it hard.

I Dyno'd a 2002 700 and 800 back then and both were 132 hp .
Not to say they both don't work good.
The 700 ves were great sleds and performers

ok thanks,yeah this one feels pretty peppy ,i took it for a spin on the grass.i have a 2002 cc zr800 i use that as a back up sled.

What do u have in clutches and gearing?

All stock ,whole sled untouched,id like some ideas to pry somemore speed to fend off those peskey F7s ,Yeah i read over some numbers that xc800 seems like a dud.They needed that cleanfire.
Makes you wonder thou back then what was polaris doing with the 800?? 132hp ?? Like hell cats made around 160hp back then.

Last edited:
The boost bottle were good for the Khein carbed big blocks, not really anything for the rack slide 700's.. The 700 ves was great for the first year and a half it was out. 2001.5 late release and 2002. The 03 Firecat rewrote the book on 700cc performance.

What lug track do u have and any studs?

all stock,even track ,its ok for another season,no studs.i wanted to maybe throw on 96 up the middle.

Stock is what again?

Get the slp torque strap and flow rites

Go down 3 jet sizes if ur no more then 2000' above sea level

I believe u have a 1.64 ratio?
Change that to a 1.71 or 1.75 with studs

Use studs a 3/8-1/2" higher then lug height

Align clutches. Let it float in 0.060" from tool and 0.060" out from tool . Total of 0.120"

Dalton adjustable work really good on these. 120/300, 120/310 spring

48/44 full progressive Dalton cam with silver/blue 2nd hole

GOPR0061[1].JPG
nice ,il look into that,hey what you think about vforce reeds?,my old 98 non ves had them,i never notice any power difference between that one and my 2000 gen2 xc700 ,it didnt have them,but you think they are a waste of money or just throw some boyesen oem replacements at it?
this guy i got this off says it was his wifes only,so i ran a VIN one it and i she was the only registered owner,so he didnt lie about that.
I never took the VES off yet ,but i bet they a carboned up,seems to run good,plugs are nice brown.

alittle update on my xc ,while doing the ves i notice BOTH valves are cracked,so theres basically $200 in canada here.alittle cheaper $20 off ebay.i asked around and it appears to be a flaw ,my question is will the replacements crack too? They say manufacture's date of 2005 ,oh there 5330 km on the sled so 3310 miles.

alittle update on my xc ,while doing the ves i notice BOTH valves are cracked,so theres basically $200 in canada here.alittle cheaper $20 off ebay.i asked around and it appears to be a flaw ,my question is will the replacements crack too? They say manufacture's date of 2005 ,oh there 5330 km on the sled so 3310 miles.
I'm pretty sure those odometers measured in miles not kilometres.

Back
Top Bottom