• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

XCR track choices

Just-Pinch-It

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Axys XCR8-'17
Looking for opinions. Don't want to stud, even tho that's probably what it deserves. Looking at ice attack XT or should go with a 1.75. Majority of time on groomed trail.

Tallest track I have ever run was a Cobra 1.35, great track IMO. I always stud though. Off trail for me means I missed a corner! I don't think much of those Ice attacks. To me more of a cruisers track. Stud one or don't. No in between for me. Sounds like something in a 1.5 lug fits you.

Camoplast Intense 1.5"
I have run these tracks for years and they last and are deadly for hookup and getting through powder. Best 1.5" track on the market IMO!

Camoplast Intense 1.5"
I have run these tracks for years and they last and are deadly for hookup and getting through powder. Best 1.5" track on the market IMO!
Had a 1.5" ripsaw on my pro-r 800SB and liked it, did ok in powder and was pretty stable/predictable on hard pack. Thought about heading that way again. Not sure about the hook up of a 1.25" on an 800. Do you run the intense in the indicated direction or do you flip it for more bite?

I have always run them in the indicated direction but thought about switching it around on my IMPROVER INDY. I need more traction but not sure what this would do to the durability of the track. Any idea if it's 100% ok to flip a track?

I was guessing the suggested rotation is in the direction of the v of the lug is pointing, switching it around would provide more scoop affect. I was told the track manufactures run the tracks in the direction that provides more bite towards breaking. Years ago I an XCR 800 that I ran the track backwards for more bite and never had an issue.

I was guessing the suggested rotation is in the direction of the v of the lug is pointing, switching it around would provide more scoop affect. I was told the track manufactures run the tracks in the direction that provides more bite towards breaking. Years ago I an XCR 800 that I ran the track backwards for more bite and never had an issue.
It was common to reverse tracks for better traction in the early 80's.

I have always run them in the indicated direction but thought about switching it around on my IMPROVER INDY. I need more traction but not sure what this would do to the durability of the track. Any idea if it's 100% ok to flip a track?
If it it gets you better traction does durability matter on a improver?

Nope and I thought of that after I posted that. I am considering a 128" extension. But not sure what track to go with as Intense isn't made in a 128"

Camoplast Intense 1.5"
Do you run one on an axys, what gear ratio, and what mph are you seeing?

I dont own an AXYS, I Run the Intense on my Stock INDY and also my Modded INDY. I am stretching my Modded INDY to a 136 and am putting a 136" Intense on that. I have reccommended this track to many people and they are blown away at the performance of it. A few guys on the Rush Pro Ride chassis, Dragons and INDY's. Your AXYS will perform just as well with the 1.5 Intense if you are running in loose snow I ran it 2 years ago in a race with about 5-6" of loose snow on hard packed and it holeshot every ssed by 2-3 lengths.

Big gears Vs small gears or big chain dog leg vs little??? Polaris seems to like small gears with larger dog legs. The 1.73 runs smaller gears with the smallest amt of dog leg compared to the 1.74, plus it uses a shorter chain, thus the lighter of the 2 set ups. Not sure if I'll put the roller tensioner on it. The deacceleration whine of roller tensioner can get annoying by the end of the day.

Bigger bottom gear to get the desired gear ratio. And less dog leg is better yes. I have the IQR Tensioner on one of my INDY's and theres absolutely no whining noise, but yes others say they hear that whining.

Back
Top Bottom