• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

XLT Fuel problems

Bruiser

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris XLT
I recently acquired a 1994 XLT Special that hasn't been ran for a few years. The choke lever broke and after removing the carburetors, the choke plungers were froze. Got the plungers out and replaced, along with the choke cable. Thoroughly cleaned the carbs when they were out. Replaced the drain lines and put carbs back on sled. Siphoned as much old gas as I could out of the tank and replaced with 2 gallons of fresh non ethanol gas along with some sea foam. Squirted a little carb cleaner in the airbox and the sled fired and quit. After doing this several times, put some lube in the cylinders aloong with a little gas and machine ran until the gas ran out. As long as carb cleaner is sprayed intermitantly into the airbox the sled will run. Tried removing fuel lines from the pump and blowing everything out and just don't seem to be getting any fuel to the carbs. Looking for assistance. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. BCN

Pull the fuel line from the tank if possible,pop out the grommet and remove the pickup,this line dry rots and will prevent fuel flow. Also make sure your pulsor line is good that comes from the crank case to the fuel pump.Lastly if all that is good and you have good flow to the pump,and nothing coming out ,replace or take the pump apart..

Pull the fuel line from the tank if possible,pop out the grommet and remove the pickup,this line dry rots and will prevent fuel flow. Also make sure your pulsor line is good that comes from the crank case to the fuel pump.Lastly if all that is good and you have good flow to the pump,and nothing coming out ,replace or take the pump apart..
Thanks Doc. Got the same advise about the pickup line from another friend. That makes sense because I had fuel coming out the lines before I siphoned out 5-6 gallons of old gas. Great site. I'm sure I'll have a couple more questions before I'm done. Thanks again for the reply.

Definitely starving for fuel as doc said

Back
Top Bottom