• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

1990 Indy 650 custom name plate

Joel Miller

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
1990 Polaris Indy 650
Hi all,

I recently got a 1990 Indy 650 and I was doing some clutch work to it and just noticed a little brass name plate that says “build especially for Stan Olesky”

I have no idea who that is and couldn’t find anything about it online. I’ve attached a picture of the plate, would love to know who it is and if the sled is rare or something.
0B414C9F-B199-47CA-86AD-BF5B5951697A.jpeg

Could have been a Polaris Exec. back in the day? Will be interesting to find out the back story..

Hi all,

I recently got a 1990 Indy 650 and I was doing some clutch work to it and just noticed a little brass name plate that says “build especially for Stan Olesky”

I have no idea who that is and couldn’t find anything about it online. I’ve attached a picture of the plate, would love to know who it is and if the sled is rare or something.
View attachment 2962
Polaris use to do that for snowcheck customers in the 90's

Now when you snow check you get 4 years warranty instead of a name plate... lol
You also use to get a nice spring jacket. Warranty bounce around a little but I remember it was a 2 year and $500.00 in accessories or a 4 year.

Hi all,

View attachment 2962
Back then when you would snowcheck a sled Polaris would send you a little plate with your name on it. I have a few around somewhere.

I bought a new sled when they were doing that. Mine said "Built Especially for Smokin Ski Doos"

Back
Top Bottom