• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

2008 IFT IQ Touring (750 turbo) -Help?

Chucker

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2008 Polaris FST IQ Touring
Does ANYone understand the ins/outs of this sled's turbo - engine light (flashing) with no apparent "problem" -- and does it really take a dealer with equipment to reset the check engine light?? :-(

There should be code sheet for those flashes in the service manual.

There aren't though. "solid" indicates engine issue. "flashing" indicates turbo issue. That's as far as it goes. :-(

That sucks.. might have to take it to a dealer, I am sure they can plug into it.

That sucks.. might have to take it to a dealer, I am sure they can plug into it.
They can but I did last year and they basically said: "Take it home and replace this ($275) valve before the wastegate. - That's all it can be." ---- I did and after a few rides it went off again. (+ the dealer is 2 hours away :-( ). That's why I wish I could at least turn the light off and see if it keeps happening - but I've been told that's not possible...?? ---- So, I'm searching here for someone whose experienced all this - Damn, ya think there'd be SOMEbody?? It ain't "THAT" old.... :-(

They can but I did last year and they basically said: "Take it home and replace this ($275) valve before the wastegate. - That's all it can be." ---- I did and after a few rides it went off again. (+ the dealer is 2 hours away :-( ). That's why I wish I could at least turn the light off and see if it keeps happening - but I've been told that's not possible...?? ---- So, I'm searching here for someone whose experienced all this - Damn, ya think there'd be SOMEbody?? It ain't "THAT" old.... :-(
Try disconneting the battery both positive and negative for a few days.

There were guys making conversion harnesses to plug those into automotive OBD2 code readers, they apparently use similar codes to generic OBD2. You'd have to do some searching to see what works,
I also remember reading about boost leaks being pretty common on those, something about a hose barb/ hose on the intake manifold that is a known leak point. Also some box that sees boost pressure was known to leak as well.

There were guys making conversion harnesses to plug those into automotive OBD2 code readers, they apparently use similar codes to generic OBD2. You'd have to do some searching to see what works,
I also remember reading about boost leaks being pretty common on those, something about a hose barb/ hose on the intake manifold that is a known leak point. Also some box that sees boost pressure was known to leak as well.
Thank you! - I'll see what I can find on that stuff.

If you need to pressure check components MityVac has a handpump setup that can pressurize

Back
Top Bottom