• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

American Snowmobiler Magazine Aaen 800 HO

Badger

Keep an eye on your next issue of American Snowmobiler Magazine the article from Olav Aaen the story will about building horse power on the new 800 HO Axys sleds. Olav will be doing the article on my 800 Axys sled and what he did to build horse power. It was my honor to work with Mr Aaen a "snowmobiler hall of fame winner" these past few months and at the age of 71 Mr Aaean is as sharp as a razor still to this day.
352613498_o.jpg

OK , CAN YOU GIVE US GUYS A BONE HERE... DID YOU TEST THE PIPE? IS IT A ONE OFF, OR PRODUCTION PIPE? COMMON BADGER QUERIOUS MINDS NEED TO KNOW.

Yes it was a great experience. My 800 HO is not broke in yet according to Olav Aaen the dyno says stock HP is at 150 hp and with his pipe and can he developed 158 hp after he put a power commander and oxygen sensor the dyno is reading 163-164 hp. Now the question is when the sled is broke in will he hit 165-167?? Time will tell... The conservation between me and Olav have been very short and sweet mainly because of my job I could only give him a few minutes once a week and I mean a few.

Fuel controllers; Olav is not a big fan of them till he used this one he found for my sled "EJK" fuel controller with no laptop needed the gentleman who devolved this controller was a partner at Dyno tech at one time, I am sorry to say I have not read up on this controller but I will.

>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Snowmobile/viewproduct.asp?partnumber=8420017 <<<<<<<<<<<<<

The Pipe and Can; Olav reassured me the pipe and can will be under 88db's, all Olav's cans are double lined with a stinger set up unless your looking for a race setup he makes them also, I sure hope he is right I am not a fan of loud cans and if it is loud the pipe and can will come off I work to hard to keep the trails here in Wisconsin and you guys will read about it.

So guys I am also interested in reading Olav's report on the 800 HO just has much as you are like I said with his time frame and mine I just have not had the time to give him.

Yes it was a great experience. My 800 HO is not broke in yet according to Olav Aaen the dyno says stock HP is at 150 hp and with his pipe and can he developed 158 hp after he put a power commander and oxygen sensor the dyno is reading 163-164 hp. Now the question is when the sled is broke in will he hit 165-167?? Time will tell... The conservation between me and Olav have been very short and sweet mainly because of my job I could only give him a few minutes once a week and I mean a few.

Fuel controllers; Olav is not a big fan of them till he used this one he found for my sled "EJK" fuel controller with no laptop needed the gentleman who devolved this controller was a partner at Dyno tech at one time, I am sorry to say I have not read up on this controller but I will.

>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.electronicjetkit.com/Snowmobile/viewproduct.asp?partnumber=8420017 <<<<<<<<<<<<<

The Pipe and Can; Olav reassured me the pipe and can will be under 88db's, all Olav's cans are double lined with a stinger set up unless your looking for a race setup he makes them also, I sure hope he is right I am not a fan of loud cans and if it is loud the pipe and can will come off I work to hard to keep the trails here in Wisconsin and you guys will read about it.

So guys I am also interested in reading Olav's report on the 800 HO just has much as you are like I said with his time frame and mine I just have not had the time to give him.
Thanks for the update, Badger.

Badger, just to avoid confusion. Mark Dobek was not partners in Dyno Tech, it was Dyno Jet. 2 different deals. Dyno Jet used to be big in Bikes with carbs. I had some of their kits years ago. have not heard much about them in years.

Badger, just to avoid confusion. Mark Dobek was not partners in Dyno Tech, it was Dyno Jet. 2 different deals. Dyno Jet used to be big in Bikes with carbs. I had some of their kits years ago. have not heard much about them in years.

Dave like I always said feel free to call him your help would be much appreciated. I have been on the fly the other day I when't out side to talk to Olav with the wind trucks buzzing by I could have miss understood him.

Email from Jeanette from Aaen said the Power commander was from EJK do I even have the right company?

Hello ;

sending email:

Olav said EJK Tuner.

Thanks
Jeanette
Aaen Performance

Well Olav finished the sled and its back home what a long day and the Packers sucked last night.
wall.gif

Olav and I feel when the motor gets broke in HP's for this 800 HO stock will be 155 hp with his pipe add 8 hp gain and with the fuel controller and oxygen sensor +4 more he did see a +5 Hp gain but the oxygen sensor was telling him he was to close to the edge. So I will say with this set up you would be looking at 165-167 horse power.

Now for his can and and pipe its not loud at all to me it sounds like a stock 800 Cat motor.
lol.gif
He did run his pipe with the stock can and came up with 9hp because the stock can has more back pressure which developed a lot more heat in turn he was not a fan of the added heat build up.

FYI for you Cat lovers out there he had a Arctic Cat looked like a FX MY16 in the same room where my Polaris was sitting the markings on the side of the sled said "Engendered" apparently Cat dropped it off for some testing.

Olav will be sending his pipe and can to DT for conformation Jim at told me that Olav is a good man and a truthful man and I find this to be the case myself. Olav never was a big fan of fuel controllers because he has seen them get in to the wrong hands and the end results can be divesting, now with this new system working together you will know exactly whats happening with your fuel mixture and you can adjust it on the spot with no Laptop.

The key to this whole setup is the oxygen sensor the safe area is between 13-14 on the 800 HO mine runs at 13.5 which will be all spelled out in the January issue of American Snowmobiler magazine and he did give me a copy.

IMO All OEM sleds should be setup with system minus the pipe, say the lean side is the stock setting when the oxygen sensor starts flashing you can reach down and fatten the sled up six ways to Sunday and get the bitch back home.

Well guys I did the best I could to responsible report this back to you and I am sure some of you could translate it much better than I did. I will try to get you guys some pic's of the pipe and can and Fuel controller and oxygen sensor tomorrow and please feel free to call Olav which I know some of you guys already have. This crap is very foreign to me I miss the old days popping the hood and re jetting and looking at plugs.

Attachments

• 4258923_n.jpg
    4258923_n.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 412
  • 59014021_n.jpg
    59014021_n.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 355
Badge, that isn't your sled in the pic with the controller and digi screen is it?

Back
Top Bottom