• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

AXYS exhaust system

I'm probably 225 dressed and went back and forth with him all this past season on his modded 2011 etec, although he would pass me at about 98 mph.
For the most part it was all about who hooked up better from the start.

He only past you because of polaris's poor full shift out clutching. This has been 10 years plus or more. Polaris clutching is conservative at best. They make the sheaves so it limits overdrive let alone 1:1 ratio.
If you clutch it properly and get 5 or 10% overdrive. Likely,no one will pass you.

Polaris hurts on top end only because of clutching limits this and has for years. Nothing new. Fix this,as I have done for years and your faster top end then most.

He only past you because of polaris's poor full shift out clutching. This has been 10 years plus or more. Polaris clutching is conservative at best. They make the sheaves so it limits overdrive let alone 1:1 ratio.
If you clutch it properly and get 5 or 10% overdrive. Likely,no one will pass you.

Polaris hurts on top end only because of clutching limits this and has for years. Nothing new. Fix this,as I have done for years and your faster top end then most.
Thinking of going with the slp stage 3 package, will that accomplish what you mention?

Thinking of going with the slp stage 3 package, will that accomplish what you mention?
Not just that,
balancing and machining is the best. Then clutch.
Indy Dan does this.

If you do the marker test on wot and have no more then an 1/8" marker showing then your ok. Nothing is best. That means full shift out plus some overdrive.

View attachment 329 View attachment 330 View attachment 331 View attachment 332

The exhaust system on some model axys's are not quite round. You have to remember that these exhaust systems are mass produced for Polaris then sent to them. When the workers put it on the sled during assembly,they don't check to see any to see if the holes are perfectly round and that's probably not part of their job any ways.

Seems like a few of these need tighter QC in my opinion. The holes should be checked to be somewhat perfectly round before assembly on sled.

A imperfect seal has a huge effect on the sled and usully always makes it down in power cause of this.This was all found out on the dyno with pipe temp showing on digital wrench.

The pipe female outlet on this particular model were it joins to y pipe was out of round more than 0.060" (about a 1/16"). This is a big deal as the seal cannot make up for this amount of a gap. If it was out maybe 0.020" or under the seal along with 1500f pipe sealant can probably seal it.

Also, the female outlet on the muffler were it excepts the pipe had a bad weld from factory that distorted the hole over 0.050" out of round.

These were all fixed and the seal is proper.

Without a proper seal the exhaust system isn't doing it's job. This one showing couldn't build up pipe heat on the dyno, and when you can't build up pipe heat, there is no power.

Check yours, the obvious signs are black oil inside your belly pan.
Hey brock awesome info, I’m just finding it now.... lol mine is leaking really bad at the Y to single. Still on warranty think i should be pushing for a new Y or pipe? At very least make them figure out which One it is and change it?

High tower you replied to a post that is almost 3 years old. Brock is gone. If you have remaining warranty get everything you can.

He has left us due to some major drama created by the light weight wrist pin situation. I have asked him to take a break and was not happy with my request. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom