• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Belt to sheave clearance

Snoman

I'm going to be running the gates belt and will be checking the clearance. I've never had to take a spider off and my question is are all the special tools needed? Clutch holder, spider nut socket and spider socket. Or are there old garage tricks??

I'm going to be running the gates belt and will be checking the clearance. I've never had to take a spider off and my question is are all the special tools needed? Clutch holder, spider nut socket and spider socket. Or are there old garage tricks??
The spider jam nut and spider are torqued on pretty tight. The spider is torqued 280-300 foot pounds and the spider jam nut is torqued 290-330 foot pounds. So to answer your question I'd say buy the tools and forget the costly shortcut.

The spider jam nut and spider are torqued on pretty tight. The spider is torqued 280-300 foot pounds and the spider jam nut is torqued 290-330 foot pounds. So to answer your question I'd say buy the tools and forget the costly shortcut.
Hey Bigfuse, ya I kinda thought so. I watched a video from slp of that and he used all the tools and heat.
Do you know off hand if the 15 s has enough clearance to run gates?

Hey Bigfuse, ya I kinda thought so. I watched a video from slp of that and he used all the tools and heat.
I had enough clearance in mine.

I had enough clearance on my 15's clutch for a Gates, I still tightened it up another 8 thou.

The only thing is moving spider in more like he did changes load. Let's say the stock was a perfect 1.19" load Polaris proclaims, by moving it in changes load slightly. So the 0.020" he moved it in for belt to sheave is now 1.21" load now.
Just sayin :)

Back
Top Bottom