• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Best adjustables

I tried a 110/320 Primary Spring with the TM's, OEM belt and then a P2 secondary with a Dalton 50/44 helix with the 145/220 Tabbed Secondary spring. It worked fine, but in a drag race situation (I'd call it hardpack/ice) it seems like a 160/330 Primary spring with Dalton adjustable weights and the stock OEM helix with maybe the 140/220 spring out performs the TM's and P2 combo. This is racing against 2 other similar modded Axys sleds.

I would like to try the 110/320 Primary Spring with TM's, OEM belt, and then the stock OEM helix with 140/220 spring to see if that does better vs. the P2. Only other combo I have to try with the P2 is the 140/200 tabbed spring in it vs. 145/220 tabbed spring.

Its the holeshot that seems to be slowing me down a bit (and maybe midrange a bit?), and with the OEM helix it seems to pull harder out of the hole.

For those running the TM's and P2 - what sled are you running (Rush, Switchback, Assault?) and what other mods - pipe, BB, etc. are you running along with chassis improvements - track, big wheels, gearing, different driver, etc.

I'm curious why the Daltons and TSS-04 seem to be working better for me. Feel free to PM me if you want to keep your trade secrets on the down low :)

When you spin with a steeper helix it causes an overshift. A shallower helix reduces the overshift and recovers much quicker. Full progressives can be very inconsistent because of this. The stock helix has a short duration of 58 and your already on the shallower 44 when it's trying to recover. I'm thinking your P2 50/44 setup has a drop in rpm after the holeshot. This would explain why the stock helix setup is faster.

Full progressive will accelerate better with good traction. They are not always the best choice for snow drags. Same thing with steep initial angles. Only good if traction is good. There are many variables and different ways to work around this. More aggressive is noy always faster. Hope this helps.

I'm not seeing a drop in RPM with the P2 from the hole shot. It does seem like with the P2 I spin more, not as easy to get traction out of the hole. I run pretty long studs too...

Last edited:
P2 grabs belt more then a tss04 with torsion/side pressure. Lighten up spring start rate

Anyways, whatever Adjustables anyone gets? Set screw style is best for ease of adjustment

I tried a 110/320 Primary Spring with the TM's, OEM belt and then a P2 secondary with a Dalton 50/44 helix with the 145/220 Tabbed Secondary spring. It worked fine, but in a drag race situation (I'd call it hardpack/ice) it seems like a 160/330 Primary spring with Dalton adjustable weights and the stock OEM helix with maybe the 140/220 spring out performs the TM's and P2 combo. This is racing against 2 other similar modded Axys sleds.

I would like to try the 110/320 Primary Spring with TM's, OEM belt, and then the stock OEM helix with 140/220 spring to see if that does better vs. the P2. Only other combo I have to try with the P2 is the 140/200 tabbed spring in it vs. 145/220 tabbed spring.

Its the holeshot that seems to be slowing me down a bit (and maybe midrange a bit?), and with the OEM helix it seems to pull harder out of the hole.
That spring is what I'm using in my Assault with a 50-44 Dalton full progressive. I have the TM weights loaded up to 68.3 grams and had a 110-290 spring. It revved 8300 with the Jaws pipe. Just 50 rpm too low. I have in it now a 120-300 spring but have not tried it yet but will be this Saturday. If that doesn't work I have one more set up to try and will be trying that Sunday after Saturday's ride.

I’ve got a 120/310 I could try but I think that start rate will be too high (spinning from holeshot is my thought). Ordered a couple lower start and finish rate Polaris springs to try.

Spinning with a P2 means to shallow of a cam( not loading ) and to heavy start rate spring.

Not many P2 springs to pic from. The tabbed are the ones to use. Only Polaris makes them to my knowledge. If anyone knows of others please post a link. I have the 140-200 in both my AXYS SWB8 and Indy 6. I have 2 145-220 new , and a used unknown mileage 130-180 in the tool box.

P2springs.jpg

Spinning with a P2 means to shallow of a cam( not loading ) and to heavy start rate spring.

Yeah, I have a 110/290 and 120/300 coming which likely will perform similar to the 110/320 I had in it. All have a similar start rate, so depending on conditions I may still spin with those springs. Don't really want to change from the 50/44, but if I had to - what would you suggest?

Not many P2 springs to pic from. The tabbed are the ones to use. Only Polaris makes them to my knowledge. If anyone knows of others please post a link. I have the 140-200 in both my AXYS SWB8 and Indy 6. I have 2 145-220 new , and a used unknown mileage 130-180 in the tool box.

View attachment 2342
Luckily all that I've ever had to use was the 130-180, 140-200, and 145-220.

Yeah, I have a 110/290 and 120/300 coming which likely will perform similar to the 110/320 I had in it. All have a similar start rate, so depending on conditions I may still spin with those springs. Don't really want to change from the 50/44, but if I had to - what would you suggest?
I’m talking about you’re start rate on secondary spring.

I’ve got a 120/310 I could try but I think that start rate will be too high (spinning from holeshot is my thought). Ordered a couple lower start and finish rate Polaris springs to try.
That spring engages at 4200 on my Assault. I went to a 110-290 with Turbo Mags and in the secondary a 140-200 with a 50-42 full progressive. Was going to test this weekend but dang the flu put a stop to that. :mad:And if that doesn't work for a helix in the secondary I will try a 66/44-42-.45 helix to load it more. Decisions decisions decisions. It never ends.

Last edited:
Luckily all that I've ever had to use was the 130-180, 140-200, and 145-220.
Fuse have you been able to use the 130-180. Seems the start rate would be ok but maybe light on top?

Fuse have you been able to use the 130-180. Seems the start rate would be ok but maybe light on top?
Actually both clutches are pretty cool to the touch of my bare hand. I can actually hold my hand on either clutch indefinitely. That's why I didn't try the 130-180 plus I'm quite happy with the backshift of the 140-200.

That spring engages at 4200 on my Assault. I went to a 110-290 with Turbo Mags and in the secondary a 140-200 with a 50-42 full progressive. Was going to test this weekend but dang the flu put a stop to that. :mad:And if that doesn't work for a helix in the secondary I will try a 66/44-42-.45 helix to load it more. Decisions decisions decisions. It never ends.
That helix worked quite well til I got to 42 degrees then the rpm climbed to 8450. :mad: So now I have my TM's loaded with 68.3 grams, 110-290 spring, secondary has 140-200 spring, and the 50-44 full progressive helix. Also am geared to 1.80 and have a Jaws pipe. Will be testing this coming Saturday. Stay tuned.

When you say 68.3g, are you using 8.3g set screw weight or are you considering the 60g base weight 65 and using 3.3g worth of screws?

Everyone is running these around 68g it seems, which puts this weight around 73g polaris. Is the 65 base the better choice? I just bought the 60-70 and I hope it was the right decision.

Back
Top Bottom