• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Bullydog vs PC V advance ???

shwantz34

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
Polaris Indy 850 XC 129
I would like to know, what are the plus/minus of those two product.

I would like to achieve the best possible mapping/advance contrôler to get the best performance/relaibility for my stock sled, but also whant something flexible and capable to
adapt to future mods.

i plan to do some where in the future, Relaibility, kit, single pipe up grade, head
and fuel Controller. )i whant to begin with fuel /advance controller to begin.

Maybe, stroker and/or bore and porting in the future

I have a lot of experience, with fuel mapping and timing works + traction control, quick shift setting
that i use on my race motorcycles, from Bazzaz, Power Commander (Piggyback ) tuner, +autotune and manual mapping
I also worked with tuneboy software for my Aprilia ( direct accès to black box with access to every parameter). But all my works have been on four stroke only.

From what i have read PCV with advance can map fuel and also change advance, but like any piggyback, it foul the cpu reading to generate more or less fuel and or advance that you can tune
in rpm/tps map.

The Bullydog, seems to be a direct Access to all parameter of the box (like tuneboy), but it seems
that its only a tool to dowload a map already done. It seems that its not coming with the software to be able to do custom mapping.

i'm i right ?

PCV is my choice and I run an air fuel Gauge.
The PCV allows you to adjust air fuel
Ratio from your laptop for optimum performance. I think it's a must have when adding a pipe and a Head, especially when modifying the motor. You can also make adjustments to timing with the PCV with Ignition module.

The BD has real cool Features but you can't change anything as said.
Here's the link instead of me typing a letter.
http://bikemanperformance.com/bmp-programmed-bully-dog-gt-for-axys-800.html

PCV is my choice and I run an air fuel Gauge.
The PCV allows you to adjust air fuel
Ratio from your laptop for optimum performance. I think it's a must have when adding a pipe and a Head, especially when modifying the motor. You can also make adjustments to timing with the PCV with Ignition module.

The BD has real cool Features but you can't change anything as said.
Here's the link instead of me typing a letter.
http://bikemanperformance.com/bmp-programmed-bully-dog-gt-for-axys-800.html

thank's for reply out,
what are you using as air/fuel gage ?
PC Autotune module is not applicable on snowmobile ?
What are you using as air/fuel target to be safe ?

i use the koso wideband and the PCV, i have a map from DTR. works great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using the bullydog with the docking station and A/F gauge. I am also piggybacking the pcv w/timing control. the bully dog tune for the bmp setup works great it reads the the systems sensors and is constantly adjusting parameters, and being able to see,monitor and datalog all the temps, pressures and readings is great but I still things that I wanted to tweak in a bit and the pcv is a must for this. I have been testing a few different pipe setups all with the the bmp tune and just change the pcv where and how I want. I believe power commander is suppose to be coming out with a tuner that would have all of the capabilities of a bullydog and pcv in one unit.

I am running the KOSO A/F Guage as well.
It would be DEADLY if Dynojet came out with something similar to the bully dog but with allowing us to make adjustments on our Laptop.

thank's for reply out,
what are you using as air/fuel gage ?
PC Autotune module is not applicable on snowmobile ?
What are you using as air/fuel target to be safe ?

I use the bullydog and docking station with air fuel gauge. I just data log for awhile, send it to neal and he will look at it and make any changes and just email me a new file. I have 2 tunes now i can switch from. A nice trail tune and long pulls and a hot tune for grudge drag racing which arent long pulls. Bully dog does so much that it is pretty much like a factory ecu again with tuning whete a pcv only adjusts the outgoing singal from the ecu so it can only do so much. Theres about 30 different maps in the polaris ecu so if you just have a pcv it might not be adjusting fuel for thw right map where the bullydog makes all new maps

Now if they would just allow the consumer to be able to make these adjutments trail side, and add an Air Fuel Guage feature to the Programmer they would have the Ultimate Programmer. I would be in for 2 of them!

I had a boondocker on my '12, which was adjustable rt on the unit, no computer needed.

That's the main reason I went with it.

Does the factory ecu go to base maps at wot ? And by going to a wide band the ecu makes real time adjustments at wot ?

I use the bullydog and docking station with air fuel gauge. I just data log for awhile, send it to neal and he will look at it and make any changes and just email me a new file. I have 2 tunes now i can switch from. A nice trail tune and long pulls and a hot tune for grudge drag racing which arent long pulls. Bully dog does so much that it is pretty much like a factory ecu again with tuning whete a pcv only adjusts the outgoing singal from the ecu so it can only do so much. Theres about 30 different maps in the polaris ecu so if you just have a pcv it might not be adjusting fuel for thw right map where the bullydog makes all new maps

Are you able to switch between those 2 tunes on the fly with a map switch like on a PCV, or do you have to download/upload?

Back
Top Bottom