• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

DYNOTYME II !!!!!

Jim and Greg from jaws
IMG_0284.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 342
holly shit Take it easy Haulin every time you guys make a pull the whole room shakes cant wait to see final results

1923702_23936150331_5816_n.jpg 1923702_23936140331_5475_n.jpg

Been a long time since I've been there...I'm due for a road trip. These pics were from back in 2006 i think...I brought my Engine Tech stock cyl 800 big bore, and my friend brought his 900 Engine Tech. If my memory serves me right..my 800 made about 173HP, and his 900 about 185hp. I put about 4500 miles on the big bore and it never let me down thanks to Jim's help tuning it.

ok,so

we found the 2017 800 ho a bit different then the 15 or the 16
afr was better up top and cfm was great too
but, we seen the timing retarded up near peak rpm and more then years past by a couple of degrees. this was shown on digital wrench.
so?? did polaris put this in the ecu for break in?? we don't know??

the test sled was broke in on dyno and was strong

now, pipes

just bolting on and nothing else

bmp 5 hp

straightline 0 hp

ssi titanium(pipe mod) 7 hp

terra alps pipe 4.5 hp

jaws 2 hp

now these pipes were held for long periods and the jaws never lost anything anywhere no matter hot or cold and rev"d to 8500 and the terra alps fared well too.

bmp with a pcv(timing) 9.5 hp

jaws with a pcv(timing) 9 hp, and held this at 145+ degree engine and 1100f pipe and did the same cold at 90 engine and 900f pipe

ssi with a pcv(timing) 9.5 hp

THAT IS CORRECT,
WE ARE ASSUMING 2017 ECU HAS 2 DEGREE LESS TIMING FROM 7800 TO 8500 RPM , AND THINK THE DESIGN OF THE MUFFLER HAS CHANGED FROM 2016 .
REMEMBER THE ECU IS STILL IN BREAK IN MODE ALSO.
IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE RESULTS WITH A 2017 ECU THAT IS FULLY BROKE IN.

Awesome guys. Thanks for sharing your findings with the group here. I guess in the case of the Jaws pipe, it's disappointing to see only 2 HP, but relieved to know it holds power on a hot pipe and doesn't lose anything.

Brock, I know you had good success with Greg's exhaust reducer on a '16. Did you test the reducer on the Assault this time around? If yes, what's the conclusion for a guy like me who wants to leave it in or keep it out for everyday riding and doesn't want to mess with switching it back and forth all the time.

So on the 2016....jaws made around 8 or 9hp......but with the 2017 it put out 2hp until timing was added?

On the 2016 the jaws made a solid 6-8 yes. Remember, this is one of the only few pipes that carries power and holds it hot or cold, so it's very trail friendly.

The 2017 model is different, afr is way better and cfm is great too. But, the timing is pulled back a little as seen on digital wrench compared to the 2016's and 2015's. Is this the Polaris ecu break in mode?? We don't know?
We're glad we have test data to compare too from years past.

We added timing to the new 2017 were we seen Polaris had taken it away with the ecu up top. This is shown in both cylinder base timing and desired timing on digital wrench(4 separate columns). Both read different. One reads desired and one reads active(very important)We added timing to match great Dyno stock sleds of past and the jaws and bmp liked this .

All the pipes just bolted on the 2017 were down on hp compare to the 15and 16's. This goes back to the ecu and timing I just explained.

It's interesting from year to year as we've seen.

Glad we had Jim and Greg as these two experts leave nothing to chance and this helped us greatly

Has anyone cked to see if the pipe for the assault is the same part#as the switchback of 15,16?
It is according to the current oem online fich at 8am central time this morning.

Last edited:
I see the straightline is 0 does that mean it literally made 0 power gains or that it wasn't tested ?

When you guys ran the BMP with the PCV did you used the map Jim suggested last year would work with last years BMP pipe, or a all new map this year?

So the thought on the AFR and CFM improvements were gained where?

Jim may do a write up yes
We have more to test. So he may hold off?

New map for 17 as it's different
All about desired timing to actual timing

Spi got 0 hp just bolted on, no more then stock, sorry

To be fair
All pipes were down on hp just bolted on from the 15'sand 16's

Thanks for clarification on Spi I was curiosity was killing me on that one with the huge claims.

Back
Top Bottom