• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Exhaust Valve Cleanup

At what connection does one remove the valve cable from actuator to not mess up cable travel? Guess I did a quick look, and decided I best leave in sled to not mess anything up...

If you remove valve assembly from motor and valve cable from actuator without touching cable travel , then you don't need a relearn from dw

Attachments

• Exhaust valve assembly.gif
    Exhaust valve assembly.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 676
Does a person need to use loctite when putting the 6 bolts back in that holds the power valve assembly to the engine block?

Red or blue? I noticed none used on my 2015 60th, but my 2016 had red.

I didn't use any when I put mine back in on the 2015, you saying I should pull the bolts back out and add loctite on the 2015??

The original bolts came off pretty easy with out heat....are you sure on the red loctite?

I cleaned my valves. 1500 miles. VES Gold. Came out sticking. Valves cleaned up with minimal scraping on carbon deposits. However...

At 600 miles I punched a hole in the bulk head cooler, shut the sled down when red high temp came on. No issues with motor, 8200 RPM, 109 MPH, no trouble lights, etc. in 900 miles more. Unknown to me till now, the aluminum cylinder melted to to each exhaust valve in two spots.

If you look in the cleaned up photo you can see where I removed and smoothed the aluminum from the valve. I understand why the valve cable breaks for some - that little motor must have some serious pull!

41A5B92D-AFB9-41EB-97A0-20A496EBF29E.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom