• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Hacksaw vs Ripsaw Top Speed

Pro116

Staff member
I have ran both tracks before but I have a 1" hacksaw in the garage that I could put on my new switchback next year.What do you think the top mph difference will be?

I see it's a a Ripsaw2 that you can get now.They look like more of a full block lug and I would assume they would scrub off some speed vs the original ripsaw.The original ripsaw has nipple on the end of lugs allowing air to go through vs the full block lugs.

Can you get the Hacksaw with a 2.52 pitch?

Yes.I have one on my turbo rx1. I'm going to part my rx1 out though because I bought an osp chasis and putting my rx1 in it.So I have this track already So I think I'm going to try it on my new pro x.

I just realized the switchbacks are 137" not 136.I guess I will be keeping the ripsaw11 on it.

I just realized the switchbacks are 137" not 136.I guess I will be keeping the ripsaw11 on it.

How bout the 137", 2.86 pitch Ripsaw 9224H 1' lug height?

• The 9224H Ripsaw II is one of the newest members of the Ripsaw family of snowmobile tracks. Features a new lug design that combines the best features of the Ripsaw, Cobra and Predator tracks. This results in excellent performance on a wide variety of trail conditions.
  • Less side bite through the corners than the original RipSaw
  • Less track noise for quieter operation on hard-packed groomed trails
  • Technical information concerning this track:
  • 15 inches wide by 137 inches in length
  • The lug or tread height is 1 inches
  • Weight is approximately 38 pounds
  • Clips: Fully Clipped
  • Windows: All Open
  • Our SKU: TR9224
  • Camoplast SKU: 9224H

The Hacksaw track is a way faster track than the Ripsaw. That's why the 2014 Indy 800 was fast on top end.

Ryan where did you order your sled from ? did you keep your assault ?

I have ran both tracks before but I have a 1" hacksaw in the garage that I could put on my new switchback next year.What do you think the top mph difference will be?

You might gain a 1MPH or 2 that's about it, but with the 1.25 your take off will be so much better, unless your studding it, then the hacksaw would be faster. But I wouldn't think it would be a huge gain!

I'm betting it's more then 1-2mph.Yes of course I will be studding trail riding/lake racing.I have had many hacksaw tracks and with the right studs and suspension set up they leave just as hard outbox the hole as a deep lug track.I dropped 10mph going from a cobra to a backcountry on another sled.
The hacksaw track is light and the way the lugs are designed they allow air to pass through.On a f7 radar/drag sled we found only a 3 mph loss going from a speed track to a hacksaw in 1000ft.I go to a lot of speed runs with my 2 big turbo sleds so would like to run the axys and try to get the most out of it in trail form.

Ryan where did you order your sled from ? did you keep your assault ?

Flasch.I ordered it from Sport o motive in Appleton.I know the owners really well and the head shop guy is a buddy of mine.Yes I kept my sba it's a blast to ride in the U.P and out west.

I'm betting it's more then 1-2mph.Yes of course I will be studding trail riding/lake racing.I have had many hacksaw tracks and with the right studs and suspension set up they leave just as hard outbox the hole as a deep lug track.I dropped 10mph going from a cobra to a backcountry on another sled.
The hacksaw track is light and the way the lugs are designed they allow air to pass through.On a f7 radar/drag sled we found only a 3 mph loss going from a speed track to a hacksaw in 1000ft.I go to a lot of speed runs with my 2 big turbo sleds so would like to run the axys and try to get the most out of it in trail form.

Right on, maybe more I guess, max around maybe 5 MPh???

My 2014 Indy consistently ran 110 mph on the speedo with just 10-68 gram weights and 1.71 gearing. My nephew's with just 10-68 weights ran 115 mph on hero snow. Never got to tune my Indy much further as it was stolen last mid February at my dealer along with two other sleds. :mad:

My 2014 Indy consistently ran 110 mph on the speedo with just 10-68 gram weights and 1.71 gearing. My nephew's with just 10-68 weights ran 115 mph on hero snow. Never got to tune my Indy much further as it was stolen last mid February at my dealer along with two other sleds. :mad:

Never read it yet, but, man that sucks!! I know those Indy's are fast! But also a different skid, than the Axys, and that does change things... Might be why it has a faster top speed. It's not just the track!

Never read it yet, but, man that sucks!! I know those Indy's are fast! But also a different skid, than the Axys, and that does change things... Might be why it has a faster top speed. It's not just the track!
The track certainly helped. :) The skid was probably more efficient also.

Back
Top Bottom