• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

heavy weight light springs theory ???

I’ve seen sleds win Haydays with giant secondary springs. Also seen others win rockin a Polaris Red (weak) in a button clutch. From what I’ve seen over the years the overall setup is more important than clutching theories.

A tach isn’t a measure of performance. Timers measure ET not tachs. A tuned pipe resonates based on heat. Bringing a pipe to full temp takes time. As pipe heat increases peak HP RPM’s should also increase. If your clutches go to full heat RPMs and the pipe is at 600 degrees your clutching is out in left field. These are two strokes with tuned pipes. Peak HP RPM is not a static number.

Many years ago I bought a set of pipes. 9200 was were everybody was spinning them. Luckily for me I was a broke college kid who didn’t have money for a new set of weights for a couple of weeks. My sled only pulled 8700 RPMs. Lined it up with the other piped sleds and walked them all repeatedly. Saved my money and got the weights I was told I needed to run. Lol, I got stomped. My tach sure looked good though! Couldn’t get my old weights running the wrong RPMs in quick enough!

Bottom line, test for performance not RPM.

I look at some of these stage kits and have to wonder sometimes at the super heavy weights they recommend. There's so much more to consider in regards to the other components - rider weight, studs, secondary, track length/angle that most of us have to work out a bunch of stuff - then test the theory and performance. I have learned a lot from some great people on this site and have helped others as well.

What else can we do when we love the sport and tinkering with sleds. Unfortunately I am staring out the window to upper 40f temps and brown grass. FML

I want to try those turbo Mags, to hopefully improve my AXYS current setup over what it is, which isn't bad. But the weather doesn't make me want to spend $200 on something that might not see use this season Been there done that too many times. Shit I still haven't used the Daltons I bought last season.

I like a more aggressive profile then 10 series. Been going back and forth from stm super tips and turbo mags. Like both profiles. Super tips are tucked 0.030”. Using around 67.5-69 grams with 110/290, 100/305 springs

Using the P2 and loading it with a 66/44-42.45(after 66 angle it’s full progressive from 44 to 42), 54/44 or 56/44 cams with a 140/200

i have 140/200...just doing one thing at a time so i have a handle of what is effecting what and its going in next. orps was telling me the 140/220 was back ordered until 2019...i have to source one out
Is that the black/green spring?

I like a more aggressive profile then 10 series. Been going back and forth from stm super tips and turbo mags. Like both profiles. Super tips are tucked 0.030”. Using around 67.5-69 grams with 110/290, 100/305 springs

Using the P2 and loading it with a 66/44-42.45(after 66 angle it’s full progressive from 44 to 42), 54/44 or 56/44 cams with a 140/200

Modded motor?

RD

Some of us find on the P2 that you can pull more angle at start because it’s so efficient . So a 52/44 fp does work for some

Back
Top Bottom