• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Lot of talk about the am sno shoot out

It beat it? Which model beat which model??
I wanna read this, did it just come out in a recent issue?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

7390deba4f3d91d881eabb40f53902c4.jpg

I'd love to see the 800 H.O. and IGX in an Indy with Walkers. That thing would be so fast and go thru junk like nothing else out there. The competition wouldn't know what hit it.

I really believe We will see the INDY IGX. Might not call it the INDY but I really hope they keep the name.
Not everyone wants the Pro-S suspension as we are seeing a lot of guys going from the Pro-S and going with the Assault.

The assault is very good, they sell some around here. But for many, it's just too long. I don't understand the push for longer tracks and longer lugs. Unless you live in an area where it's useful.

For our area the season starts when it's past the 22nd and there's 5" of snow. If and when the trails get established, they get groomed and it's tight woods riding mixed with some field. No off trail riding allowed unless you own your own land. And even then there's rarely enough snow or area to play with 144 and 1-3/4 inch track.

Even in tug hill and old forge, where can you legaly, and where is it socially acceptable to just rip off trail?

And if your not off trail riding, where is there value in 144 inches of track

The assault is very good, they sell some around here. But for many, it's just too long. I don't understand the push for longer tracks and longer lugs. Unless you live in an area where it's useful.

For our area the season starts when it's past the 22nd and there's 5" of snow. If and when the trails get established, they get groomed and it's tight woods riding mixed with some field. No off trail riding allowed unless you own your own land. And even then there's rarely enough snow or area to play with 144 and 1-3/4 inch track.

Even in tug hill and old forge, where can you legaly, and where is it socially acceptable to just rip off trail?

I agree. No 144 for me. I had a 12 Pro R Switch 800 and now 15 Axys switch 800. I went with the 136/137 for the traction it would give the 800 power. They also have tipped rails like is touted on the 144. For me I can still handle the twisties just fine, but I also realize I don't ride as hard for as long as I used too. Simply don't need longer. 128/129 IGX Indy XC800ho would definately have me interested.

Magazines are have been pushing longer and longer too.

Last edited:
The long track fad is getting old. The assault was hyped up big time and is Polaris's latests and greatest this season thats why a lot of the new sled every year guys bought one. And the HCS crew with there free vacation from polaris reviews really bragged them up. Im hearing from the trail cruiser guys that jumped on the bandwagon that it is the best trail sled ever finding out yeah it steers like its a 144 incher. And yeah it rides like its set up for aggressive riding not trail cruising. But everyone wants that Mountain sled status cause its the cool thing. Which is ridiculous if you actually ride them the shorter the sled for your purpose the more fun its going to be to ride. Then there is the XCR. OK lets strip down the PRO S no e start no digital gauge, carbon fiber, so on throw some race style graphics with a famous past sleds name on it and charge more money. $$$$$$$$ cha ching. Just my opinion rant over.

They do have a Indy IGX its the switchback SP 144 600
129 would be stupid 1 more lug on the ground... not worth it unless they want to get suckers to trade in there 120 and sell some new sleds. And the way the XCR is selling like hotcakes. Which is a 120 Rush don't think they are going away.

With that said if santa is listening I will take an assault all black and XCR 800 under the tree please lol

Last edited:
They do have a Indy IGX its the switchback SP 144 600

By Indy we mean the 121 not the base model SBA. And you essentially just said using a 144 as a trail sled is dumb so pick a side.

Yes that is exactly what I think. But I still want one deep powder days would be fun. I ditch bang when riding locally.

I don't see them making a 120. MAYBE a 137 IGX next year wouldn't be surprised.

Back to the topic do you see how American Snowmobiler is spinning this? They are a little Ski doo biased which is easy to tell when you read there mag. But they are putting the Ski doo 850 in its own class. So they didn't lose to the Polaris 800. They won the 850 class. No joke.

It should be in its own class. Rmsha is making them run it in stock 1000

actually it was in its own class before they ran em. nobody thought it would be fair to compare and 850 to poo and cat running 800s . But under further review........

So it's the fastest in 850 class and not the fastest in 800 class. Or one could say poo is the fastest in 800 and 850 I like option number two.

Annnnnnd limited first year build. 129/137 igx skid nxt gen Axys frt end 858/860 cc. Hello 2018.5 STORM.

^^^^
I agree with the 840 stroker and igx . Big power , big torque and great suspension. That's a no brainer to me .

It doesn't surprise me that Polaris won.
Put all these sleds on a track Dyno and you'd be surprised which sleds lose so much power through the cvt system,chaincase,and track .

These sleds need to be put on a track Dyno right after the crank Dyno. This would make it way more understandable to everyone. Only about 50% of the crank hp makes it to the track. Maybe Polaris has 55% efficiency and the doo has 50% getting to the track ?

Polaris has always shined with their chassis . Been this way for 30+ years , so this is nothing new to me .

Back
Top Bottom