• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Need help dialing in the team tied

Say if i go from 1.68 gearing to 1.74, then 1.80 does the rpms go up with nothing else changed? Seems like the rpms stayed the same from 1.74 ratio to the 1.68 ratio thats in it now

The 140-320 has a lower spring rate than the 140-340, so it's going to up shift faster. Peak rpm controlled mainly by clutch wt.

Ok just just did a ton of testing.
Used the tss04 with 140-220 spring with 50/44 helix and 48-44 helix. I used 140-340 team primary spring with 70 gram weights then 68 gram weights. Then i swapped to tied clutch with 64/60 helix 155-222 spring.
With the tss04 the rpms would come in at 8,8100,8200 but just fall on its face right after no matter which helix and weight set. 70 grams was worse swapped to tied with 68 gram weights and rpms were alittle more consitant and pulled 8200 rpms but still fell alittle right after you wack the throttle. All with 1.68 gearing

Say if i go from 1.68 gearing to 1.74, then 1.80 does the rpms go up with nothing else changed? Seems like the rpms stayed the same from 1.74 ratio to the 1.68 ratio thats in it now
Can someone answer this for me? Am i using to low of gear and go higher to gain rpms or go lower to stock 1.61

Can someone answer this for me? Am i using to low of gear and go higher to gain rpms or go lower to stock 1.61
The setup you are running has nothing to do with gearing. You are not making horsepower on top or something is taking it away. maybe belt ,plugs plug wires, bad pipe temp sensor, chain too tight track rubbing bent rail, fuel pump weak. I would uninstall the bullydog tune and try that. You should have enough fuel to make a few runs. just watch AFRS I feel for you as I know you have been fighting this for awhile

Ive tried swapping plugs. Just put a new belt on it today and broke it in for testing. Switched pipe sensors with the one that was on my rush. Ive even leaned my tune out on the bully dog but with the rpms dropping so fast after it wheelies and dead hooks its like it cant ever recover. Should i try a 165/310 spring i have to try spining the track alittle bit?

I also have a 66.46.44 helix for the tss04 and my stock one im gonna try. If i just could over come this dip in rpm after it slam in the rpms and pipe temp could build right

The tied definitely seemed the best with not letting the rpms dip so much with the 64-60 helix, 155-222 spring, 68 gram weights 140/340 spring. Rpms held 8200 on short runs. But still dipped a little to 7900 after slaming in at 8,250 from the data logger

The tied definitely seemed the best with not letting the rpms dip so much with the 64-60 helix, 155-222 spring, 68 gram weights 140/340 spring. Rpms held 8200 on short runs. But still dipped a little to 7900 after slaming in at 8,250 from the data logger
I still think your motor is not making power.

Maybe I missed this reviewing the posts, but any chance your fuel pump isn't performing properly? I saw a previous post about cleaning your pick up sock/filter and maybe now the pump has some internal damage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

No the fuel pumps is working fine. The afr's are good. I know its making the power as i do roll on short pulls and the rpms wont dip and it will pull 8200 withh the 140/340 68 grams 64/60 155-222

It takes about 61# to compress the 155-222 and it takes about 73# to compress the 140-220.

Also put the 1.74 or what ever gear ratio you plan on running , and leave it alone until you get your clutching dialed in.

Also have you asked Indy Dan if the spring pocket was machined when you had your clutch work done ?

Man i got it to work 1 time and it hit 8,400 and its like another gear kicked in. Now i cant get it back there lol. Warm temps prly have a play in it.

Back
Top Bottom