• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

OVERDRIVE P85 PRIMARY

Question, on my old F1100 Turbo I could set up the clutches with springs and belt installed, but with kill switch on I could still turn the sled over via electric start. This worked well with an STM threaded rod to close up the primary, I'd turn the sled over via electric start (w/o starting the sled) and had a wrench on the bolt to close primary while turning sled over. It allowed the sled to fully shift out with the particular belt installed.

Think similar could be done on Axys?

It has to do with the small radius the belt has go around in the secondary when in overdrive.

I agree. High belt speeds also come into play. Maximum efficiency is between 2:1 and 1:1, peaking at 1.5:1. IMO, I wouldn't gear to hit overdrive often.

Last edited:
It was a joke. I guess I shoulda said a little MORE overdrive!!!

I guess I like the idea of gearing down to accelerate/launch harder and still not losing anything on top. Kinda like putting 4.88s or 5.13 gears in your rear diff and adding 5th gear OD to your transmission.

Yes and no. Gearing down CAN give you better acceleration. But there is a point where it won't. You can't compare gearing a vehicle with a fixed ratio transmission to a sled with a CVT

That's correct doc.

When a secondary is fully opened the measurement at the bottom is 1.150" roughly. This just happens to be the measurement of the belt at bottom . So yes, there's room in the secondary

So if you force the belt up further in the primary guys, it forces it down in the secondary too. Get the most out of the cvt system Div20
Novice moment here. ....but what's dov20 mean?

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

div20 is the code for the thumbs up smilie. If you are looking on your phone it may show the code instead of the smilie. Div20

Fully closed, none of my 3 primary clutches (two machined for OD) look even as good as your 2nd picture! In fact, the top of the Gates belt was about flush with the top edge of the primary sheaves on all three clutches (pretty close to the same with an OEM Polaris belt). The one clutch is going back to the shop who did it to see what is going on and hopefully fix the issue...

Back
Top Bottom