• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shoot out dec 22

Do you guys think it would help to add header wrap to the bmp pipe? Even though it ceramic coated, help keep even more heat in the pipe?
I would call Bikeman and talk to them, they would know if it helps or not

heat question to try and clear some confusion up. for the guys who were in the dyno room how long did it take to get the pipe to running temp? and how long did u hold the sled open once there? just curious if over heating was ever a factor.

Shout to Lid fastsledder Brock and yes Olav. I finely got the sled out and run it up in Adams Wi its a power house by far the most powerful sled I have ever owned. The sled is broke in now when I started out the sled was running 8150 rpm's then it was like someone flipped a light switch on it now it is hitting 8350 rpm's and the power jumped considerably according to my ass-o-meter. :D Very soon it will be going to fastsledders shop to do some clutching and some testing. Sorry to say we had no place to do any top speed runs but did get a chance to run up against a slightly modded ZR1 T Cat whatever they are called?? and it was not even in the same class.
I am very happy with the way the sled is running at this point is it the fastest Axys no I will never say that but its a good one thats for sure. Thanks guys for the help~beer cheers, Rob

heat question to try and clear some confusion up. for the guys who were in the dyno room how long did it take to get the pipe to running temp? and how long did u hold the sled open once there? just curious if over heating was ever a factor.
SECOND PULL PIPE WAS UP TO TEMP I WOULD SAY, AND WOULD DUPLICATE ON THIRD PULL,EX TEMP WAS AROUND 1100 DEG. PULLS WERE 8-10 SECONDS LONG.

Shout to Lid fastsledder Brock and yes Olav. I finely got the sled out and run it up in Adams Wi its a power house by far the most powerful sled I have ever owned. The sled is broke in now when I started out the sled was running 8150 rpm's then it was like someone flipped a light switch on it now it is hitting 8350 rpm's and the power jumped considerably according to my ass-o-meter. :D Very soon it will be going to fastsledders shop to do some clutching and some testing. Sorry to say we had no place to do any top speed runs but did get a chance to run up against a slightly modded ZR1 T Cat whatever they are called?? and it was not even in the same class.
I am very happy with the way the sled is running at this point is it the fastest Axys no I will never say that but its a good one thats for sure. Thanks guys for the help~beer cheers, Rob

So did Olav get his pipe to work?

Good deal Badger.
I had my SLP stage 2 Axys out too. Haven't been beat, yet.
It will be good to see how they stack up against each other.
I need to find somebody with a ssi pipemod to run.

Good deal Badger.
I had my SLP stage 2 Axys out too. Haven't been beat, yet.
It will be good to see how they stack up against each other.
I need to find somebody with a ssi pipemod to run.

What gearing are you running with the SLP stag 2 was waiting for my SSI mod but thinking about weight I think I may stay with the SLP stag 2

What gearing are you running with the SLP stag 2 was waiting for my SSI mod but thinking about weight I think I may stay with the SLP stag 2
I have ssi pipe mod,billet head kit and PCV and I'm running slp stg2 clutch kit with 1.74 gear ratio,very fast

Olav built me a two stage spring for my secondary this is the only clutching I have had done so far. The pipe?? was built for my sled a MY15 Axys 800 HO all adjustments were made with the fuel controller in place mfg EJK (Electronic Jet Kit) Fuel Controller. Will there be a new Pipe from Aaen for the MY16 and 17 time will tell??
Am I happy with the set up?? Yes very happy so far, is it the best setup? no I am not saying that at all!!
For all I know the sled could fall right on its face on the top end. I have not had time or the place to try out a top end run. I am sure its not as fast as fastsledder's sled and I would put money on that the man knows his stuff.

Right now its a vary strong sled from what I can tell and the power is way more constant compared to the stock setup. If I said any more about the setup I would be lying the sled needs to get in the hands of fastsledder so the truth can be told.

I wasn't all that impressed last year with the stock gearing and SLP stg 2 but am changing gearing now , so it got way faster with the gear change?? are you using their clutching as well? I also am thinking that the SLP pipe save like 15 pounds and now Bikeman has a battery and bracket that save another 12 pounds,,, Light its right !!!

Got the bmp pipe on and I can actually feel the extra hp, added 2g too the tip of my weights and it's still 100 rpm higher then stock... and this is in eth mode.. waiting on my pvc and map from Jim.. hope it will pull 1g more with it..

Yes it's on my 16 axys rmk.. Jim said it would be safe in eth mode just down on power a bit because of timing and a bit rich in mid range.. should be out of brake in 23 hours about 330 miles.

Last edited:
So I believe the Pipe testing was done with Non-Eth gas in the sleds? The Map DTR designed for the SSI mod was set up to be run in "Eth" mode I think? So what can be expected if I run 91 ETh gas because I can't find Non Eth gas?

Back
Top Bottom