• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shootout again

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
caputo's performance is doing a pipe shoot out at Dynotech
I'm very interested in their results
Johnny Caputo posted it in Facebook under sledderz

Caputo doesn't say but SSI only has the mod pipe to date.

Results will be posted on Caputo's facebook page tomorrow
I'm curious to see if they got the near same results as me doc and haulin?

Should be a good read. The results from Norway were unexpected for one manufacturer. Will be nice to have another shop with data to confirm.

The results are on Caputo's facebook page, Be aware of the results, get the popcorn ready.:Homework

These guys did a great job

It takes a lot of time and money to do this. I know, I did this last year and cost me $$$$$$, but it's all in the game of it.

We had different results , but many factors come into play here
I'm not scared of the jaws pipe as I have one and it made 6 hp cold and after 20 seconds in gained 1-2 more hp. Then topped out at 8 hp with a 38 second wot run with a heat soaked motor and hot pipe. Just like real world riding

It is what it is guys

Caputo mentioned it was a early Jaws pipe... not sure if that's worth anything at all. The results are surprising, as same day a Jaws pipe performed well at the HSK dyno in Norway. Brock - have you heard any results other than this with the Jaws pipe WITH the can as well? None of the results are earth shaking really. Seems there were some older parts in the mix with newer perhaps. Hats off to all those that pony up the money for us to debate.

Brock you guys did your test in December didn't you? Caputo said, "This jaws pipe was purchased last winter. I know it was 1 of the first ones he released. Maybe there was changes made." I take that as after what you guys tested. He also said to Heath it was run for 20-30 seconds. It would be interesting to get Jim's {DTR} take on this. Just all confusing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom