• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pipe shootout again

Caputo mentioned it was a early Jaws pipe... not sure if that's worth anything at all. The results are surprising, as same day a Jaws pipe performed well at the HSK dyno in Norway. Brock - have you heard any results other than this with the Jaws pipe WITH the can as well? None of the results are earth shaking really. Seems there were some older parts in the mix with newer perhaps. Hats off to all those that pony up the money for us to debate.

I read through what Caputo put on facebook. I didn't read anything for you to say what is in the bold above. What did I miss?

Caputos Performance This jaws pipe was purchased last winter. I know it was 1 of the first ones he released. Maybe there was changes made. Not sure.

And he did state the Straightline pipe was a pre-production unit.

Looks like he's going back in a few weeks.... maybe he will have some updated results as well.

I mainly looked at the Jaws pipe info. Buying it last winter? To me I read that as later than December, when the guys here did their test. Who knows though?

I'd be interested to know what the density altitude or air temp they were testing at?

Like any test, this was one day and these were the results.

There's a lot involved

I would like to see cfm,bsfc and fuel lbs. this would tell a lot as doc knows this too. Without this were just speculating

We had an early jaws pipe for testing

I'm going to Dyno again in a couple months, so I'll see what happens

There's a lot involved

I would like to see cfm,bsfc and fuel lbs. this would tell a lot as doc knows this too. Without this were just speculating

We had an early jaws pipe for testing

I'm going to Dyno again in a couple months, so I'll see what happens

Jaws pipe yes but did you test with a can? I am not sure which can was tested with each I guess since I didn't see the particulars. I thought I read he made adjustments after starting each run to the maps. I guess without data as you say we may never really know. I am far from calling the test voodoo though. I base my purchase decisions on multiple factors and tests, real world testing and gut feeling (beer gut).

WOW...FIRST OFF AS FAR AS I KNOW GREGS PIPE HAS HAD NO RUNNING CHANGES. SECOND HIS CANISTERS ARE FLOW TESTED THERE WILL NOT BE ANY HP LOSS WITH HIS STUFF. YOU CANT TAKE RUSTY INSIDE PIPES AND CANISTERS TO DYNO AND NOT EXPECT SOME PERFORMANCE LOSS..HE IS NOT COMPARING APPLES TO APPLES. THE SLED TESTED IS ALSO DOWN ON POWER. THE PIPES THAT WERE TESTED THAT HAD SOME TYPE OF RESTRICTION IN THE PIPE FAIRED THE BEST ( PIPE MOD STINGER STUFF) .THERE IS NO WAY THE PIPE MOD ,OR THE STRAITLINE PIPE RAN FOR 20-30 SECOND PULLS,WOULD NEVER DO IT WOULD DET ALL OVER ITSELF. PLUS THE CFM WAS LIKE 220, VERY CLOSE TO AAENS PIPE THAT WE TESTED LAST YEAR. HORRIBLE DET AFTER 2 RUNS AND A LOSS IN POWER BY THE THIRD RUN. NEITHER OF THOSE TWO WILL NEVER COMPARE TO THE JAWS PIPE..

No idea if they were cooling the dyno room or not, but if they were using outside air the high temp in Batavia, NY was approx 84 degrees.

I don't wanna dis Johnny Caputo, but his test sled was way down on power and cfm. Rusty pipes font help either.

This happened to me and haulin. We tested haulins sled and had data, lots of it. We went back at a later date to test more new stuff at jims. The first set of runs, we seen it down on hp and cfm from previous. So we checked everything to see why? I pulled the valves out and the finger that covers booster ports was snapped right off. So we ended all testing and loaded it up.
I'm sure Jim noticed this one was not up to par to other axys sleds we tested and surely mentioned it.

Jim from DynoTech is backing up Caputo's testing with more info to be posted on Caputo's facebook site. Stay tuned .Div20

we tested pipes on 2 different axys sleds and got near the same results with all pipes power

What we got is in here

I'm not dissing anyone, but we got near same results with two good sleds and our numbers are online in hear and extensive data on Dynotech

So what you're saying is your tests are legit and Caputo's aren't??? Even though both tests were done by Jim at Dynotech. That has to be the most bias thing I've read yet. The Jaws pipe didn't make the power plain and simple ,,,sorta like how the Terra alps pipe was supposed to be the greatest thing ,,,there was talk ( on here) of 14hp and a super torque curve from T-Alps dyno and then it made a whopping 3hp. Was the Terra alps pipe rusted on the inside???maybe it wasn't sealing?? It is what it is,,,,it didn't make power,,,so to blame it on the tester is just plain wrong. If you don't like be questioned feel free to delete this post and my account but you guys really need to get over yourselves,

I never once said in any post Steve that caputo's was not legit?
Show me were I said that Steve?
Don't bring your drama over here if you don't like what you read. Stay over on hcs were your the boss. Your bringing drama into this when it doesn't need to be.

I could care less which pipe makes power?

Also, I'm not blaming the tester, you said that and are assuming that( kinda like what hcs is all about) his sled was way down on hp, down on cfm and rusty pipes. I said it like it is. Not blaming or saying it's not legit. Your saying that.

It's just a waste of time using a sled that's way down on power and cfm to test anything as the information won't be consistent.

I'm not deleting anything you say or you for that matter. You can say what ever you want.

Now back on topic

So what you're saying is your tests are legit and Caputo's aren't??? Even though both tests were done by Jim at Dynotech. That has to be the most bias thing I've read yet. The Jaws pipe didn't make the power plain and simple ,,,sorta like how the Terra alps pipe was supposed to be the greatest thing ,,,there was talk ( on here) of 14hp and a super torque curve from T-Alps dyno and then it made a whopping 3hp. Was the Terra alps pipe rusted on the inside???maybe it wasn't sealing?? It is what it is,,,,it didn't make power,,,so to blame it on the tester is just plain wrong. If you don't like be questioned feel free to delete this post and my account but you guys really need to get over yourselves,
HSR, TERRA ALPS WAS ONLY A PIPE MOD.HIS PIPE HASENT EVEN BEEN TESTED YET. IVE GOT THE FIRST ONE IN HAND..AS FAR AS THE JAWS PIPE GOES, THERE IS AN ISSUE,ONLY TURNING 8200-8300 THEN FALLING OFF, GREG IS AWARE OF THIS AND IS GETTING THE PIPE BACK,THEN HE SAYS HE WILL BE ABLE TO TELL WHAT HAPPENED..

Rusty pipes is a new one on me, and Jim at DT said that also. What kind of rust are we talking about here. These pipes are not that old to have rust flaking off on the inside. A few rust spots? Geez a 2 stoke pumps oil into the exhaust, rust seems like it would have to be very minimal? This is interesting to say the least?

To all that wanna know?

Me, doc and Richy are going back to dtr with modded sleds and a good test mule to get data from

We have the new spi pipe set, jaws pipe set and bmp pipe set to test. We're not testing any others as of this time.

There will be a stock and one with bmp piston kit.
Both good test mules

Also forgot the terra alps pipe

Back
Top Bottom