• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

powder coating

Brock

Country
Canada
Years Snowmobiling
30+
Snowmobile
Polaris
So, anyone thinking about powder coating the back cast rear suspension parts, or more??

I wanna do mine in flat black, kinda black it all out.

Anyone do this yet and have pics? :)

I have been thinking of it. Seen these photos of ones that have been done.

ImageUploadedBySM Free1431472016.541955.jpg
ImageUploadedBySM Free1431472029.526609.jpg

IMO that shuuld have been an option for snowcheck just like the suspension rails.

If it's powder coated it would have been disassembled, yep. It sure does look good!!

Agreed! :)
I was asking cause guy's were saying you don't have to disassemble.
for me personally, I would disassemble

I guess I shouldn't have assumed ... sorry about that. I just know from past experience, and having a family member who previously owned a powder coating business ... everything is disassembled so it can go through the cleaning process before it's coated and baked. Holes are plugged so as not to change the diameter for bolts, nuts, etc. after the coating is complete. If someone did it without taking it apart, maybe there's some newer technology out there that allows it.

All good ... bottom line is, it sure looks great & I am hoping to get it done!
all good my friend.

powder coating while on sled would be the cheesy way.

I might do my front a arms too. Take all the red out,an all black theme and remove my stickers and replace with steath look stickers like the black copp cars. ;)

I bought a 2015 Indy 600 for a backup sled. I am thinking of having the rear seat brace and the bag rack I bought powder coated. So how about we give props to powder coater's that have been used in the past with good results and decent pricing. Maybe add some Powder Coater names, business in this thread?

Those parts look awesome! Powdercoating is addictive! Once you start, there really is no place to quit.

Another durable option would be to have the parts anodized, however; probably not as economical.

Anyone take the side pieces off the running boards for powder coating?Are these riveted on? I took mine off on my nytro. PITA but looks awesome when done.

Line X tunnel, chassis and all

Attachments

• 12080491_1470161646624701_944816741_n.jpg
    12080491_1470161646624701_944816741_n.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 344
Reactions: Lid
I powder coated my buddies rear on his sba. He brought it to me in pieces, but we did ral 9005 high gloss black . I'll see if I can get a pic of it assembled

Back
Top Bottom