• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro-XC 144 switchback

Dr.Notadoo

Hey guys new project this summer. This is what I do when I get board. This is a terrible obsession of mine, as is many others. So here goes , stretching out a perfectly good sled hoping to improve it. My plans so far are as follows: new rails. With no taper on the end with 8 in wheels on the back axle. Off course hacksaw 144 track. Debating on 9 or 10 tooth drivers, haven't figured that one out quite yet.10 tooth drivers would alow me to go with 24/43 ratio. Which I like, and I'm pretty sure there is room. Custom billet side X braces to move the whole skid back about 3-3.5 inches. Been taking lots of measurements and just stairing at it. Don't want it to look stupid. Carry on

First mock up

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 394
Heath, that's awesome.

Just so you know, tricked toys make great offset axles and billet wheels for bigger wheels at back. (Less resistance)
I'm getting a off set axle and 9 inch idlers from them.
I like what you're doing.

ive heard of them , im going to have the rails built with a strait axle.so 8 in wheels slide right on.
I had Ice Age rails for a 129 conversion for my 2014 Indy 800. Had 9 inch wheels in it.

Looks like a shallow approach angle. Good for topend

First mock up
By the looks of the pic, it looks like you unbolted the suspension with sled held up and slid suspension back to get measurements for your new cnc machined brackets??

Yes and the approach is not going to be that shallow, it will end up as it was stock, or slightly less. In that pic it's pulled back to tension the track to take some measurements.

How much longer are the actual rails from 137" to 144"?

thats tricky to answer as im going with 8 inch in the rear and 10 tooth drivers. with those size wheels the rails are only going to be about 1 5/8 longer. and all between the mounting points.

Looking forward to the pics and your an awesome guy for sharing.:DDiv20

Rails came in today, maybe when I get a breather I will put the torque arms on and the rear axle in so I can measure the side braces. More pics to fallow.FYI when I'm done and it's been riden, if anybody wants the measurements and part numbers, get ahold of me if you want to do the same.
That'll definitely be interesting to see Heath.

By side braces, do you mean the ones that bolt the the X brace and hold the upper idler wheels? (I tried uploading a pic with them circled but I kept getting an error...)

I feel like if you extend those you will be changing the rear geometry quite a bit as you will be lengthening the pivot point that the rear track shock swings on. Also, unless you move the front mount of the RTS, wouldn't you need a longer shock (longer by however much you extend the side braces)?

Wouldn't it be much simpler to just change where the rear arm mounts on the new rails and keep all the "tunnel" mounting original?

I could be WAY off here. Just thinking out loud...

I think Heath is keeping everything stock,?

As I understand, he's changing the rails, back idlers wheels to 8",144" track, and 10 tooth drivers.

I know Heath, he'll wanna keep it stock looking without to many fabricated parts.
I'm guessing he's gonna want a simple kit everyone can buy??

Chime in Heath

image.jpeg
All stock locations, been brainstorming a long time. Slight extension in rear. The bigger wheels and drivers are taking up the slack of the 144.

you obviously have this project well engineered, could you follow the same idea here and stretch a rush to 128?

Back
Top Bottom