• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro-XC 144 switchback

I don't see why not.to keep all the same geometry, extending the rail behind the rear suspension mount is the easiest. Also adding a slightly bigger rear wheel at the back axle would help take up track adjustment

View attachment 1187 This is all mock up, but this is what it will look like, but anodized rails for final build

It does look great! I love it when people build the stuff that's in their head!!! Keep posting updates.

Totally makes sense to keep the original mounting points and geometry. It was just the original comment about custom billet side X braces that threw me off. I'm also curious why you went with the 1" Hacksaw? I assumed one of the goals of your project was better offtrail performance? What other goals did you have for this build other than making something different and awesomely unique? lol

THE BILLET SIDE BRACES WOULD HAVE WORKED,WASENT CHANGING THE GEOMETRY THAT MUCH FOR WHAT I PLAN TO DO WITH THIS SLED. SO TO ANSWER THE QUESTION THE HACKSAW IS A TOP SPEED TRACK ,THIS SLED IS RUN ON GROOMED TRAILS AND HARD PACK SNOW ON THE LAKE. DONT NEED ALOT OF LUG THAT JUST SLOWS YOU DOWN. PUT LONG STUDS IN AND LET HER RIP...

you obviously have this project well engineered, could you follow the same idea here and stretch a rush to 128?
The Rush has a 2.86 pitch track therefore it would have to be stretched to a 129.

Changing from a 6 3/8" back idlers to 8" would take up some slack on its own.
I like the way Heath is doing this and not changing geometry or mounting points.
Looks to me like after last mounting point the rails need to be extended and add the 8" wheels. It's figuring out the measuring.

Thanks for doing this project Heath as many will benefit from what your doing.
Especially ice age. They should give you a discount for figuring this out

Brock at Ice Age has been a huge help..The new revised black anodized rails should look sick. I cant wait to see how they look ..

looking good Dr with the standard length 136 track do you know if there is a kit out there that will fit that big wheel love the look and i wanted to add a fourth rear wheel anyway
keep up the great work

looking good Dr with the standard length 136 track do you know if there is a kit out there that will fit that big wheel love the look and i wanted to add a fourth rear wheel anyway
keep up the great work
Doc is making something completely new. A 137" axys switchback to a 144" axys switchback. Awesome project that will help all when finished cuz you'll be able to order the kit (rails,wheels etc.)

Now as for just adding bigger wheels in the same suspension without stretching it. Tricked Toys in Ontario makes off set axles and wheels.

thanks Brock I will look them up

image.jpeg
Rails are mint, Brock at IceAge was a huge help in this project. All stock mounting, the pic probably doesn't do the anodized rails justice, well worth the extra coin.

I'm not selling kits, who ever wants the rail number can just get ahold of me. I can go over what you need to buy to put it together. Someone will copy it and sell it, but that's not my intention. I just like to make things better for what I do with my sleds and then share what I find. More gratifying then a big bank account...

Back
Top Bottom