• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Pro-XC 144 switchback

Yes right to the top. New Gates belt.
If you running to the top of the primary the only way to get ur mph back is to push the belt further with OD, or turn more rpms. So of your running stock pipe ur only option is pushing the belt further up. What about 24/40 and split the difference? Turn to turn the 23/40 is better.

Last year was a very poor winter. Only spent about 7 days riding my AXYs. Around 600 miles total, vs 1,700? in 15. Last season stock one day, changes the next, as it was the next 5 days. Condition and test road the same both days. Hopefully this year will get more seat times, to test changes. 10-68's to try vs 10-66's. Maybe still have my 66's welded up like yours Heath. Maybe 20 #'s more on top secondary spring. My AXYS ran very well stock, and put a smile on my face often in 2015. In the end that is what counts.

Best mine has done was 110 flash on the IDD with 109 consistent. All stock except 144 gold diggers. Same when going to a 120/310 primary. Regear to 23-40 and 48/44 helix and stock sec spring never more than 106. 10-70's were slower yet.
If you left your stock secondary spring in withe the 1.73 ratio and a 120/310 with 10-70's.
That won't work as its to soft for those changes..
I don't know if that's the cause, but reading what you posted sounds like it to me.
If your using 10-70's ,120/310 with a 1.73 ratio.
You need a 140 start in secondary or maybe a little more.
When you lower gear ratio, add primary weight, it needs a stiffer secondary spring at the start . It was probably sucking down to quick in secondary with all those changes.

I'd be up for a little HCS Ontario get together this winter! Post up or PM if you guys are interested in riding the Ganaraska Forest, Northumberland Forest or out east around Kaladar or Cloyne. You can unload in my driveway to ride the Northumberland Forest. ;)
Sure no problem.
This is psp though :D

Your south of peterborough?

DR you amaze me with the stuff you come up with last year with the engine mods you figured out with jaws and now the 144 pro xc.

What do you mean by "Turn to turn the 23/40 is better"? I thought the most efficient gearing combo (if gearing down a SB Pro-S) was the 24/40 gearing over the stock 23/37 gearing?

If you running to the top of the primary the only way to get ur mph back is to push the belt further with OD, or turn more rpms. So of your running stock pipe ur only option is pushing the belt further up. What about 24/40 and split the difference? Turn to turn the 23/40 is better.

Turn to turn is a trail riding expression. On the hammer then coast then back on the hammer. Tight twisty trails and an aggressive rider will most likely prefer the 23/40 ratio. That's not to say the 24/40 is junk, that is another good gear choice. To get the best of both worlds, OD ur primary and run the 23/40 gearing. This way you get your speed back and won't compromise anything.

Back
Top Bottom