• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Removing electric start

you can remove the e-start with-out any issue's. I do it all the time. I also remove the ring gear. I reclutch all the sleds anyway so I just don't want it there. it's just me. I know some think it helps with harmonic's? maybe but I haven't seen any advantage.

That's all fine. I'm doing polaris recall.

I didn't like the way riderscope was promoting the product for fpp. I'll leave it at that.

Anyway, do u have a pic of ur slp torque strap mounted??
Not familiar with rider scope,I understand completely if you have Polaris fix it for free,I haven't ordered the torque strap yet,just the chain and gears,do know anything about speed shop inc's pipe mod?looks like it makes decent power for the money,was just wondering in all the dyno work you did if ya ever tried it,thanks for all the help and pointers by the way

you can remove the e-start with-out any issue's. I do it all the time. I also remove the ring gear. I reclutch all the sleds anyway so I just don't want it there. it's just me. I know some think it helps with harmonic's? maybe but I haven't seen any advantage.
Ok thanks,I thought about just removing the ring gear and selling it with the kit anyways,did you have your clutch rebalanced after taking off the ring gear or just run it?

it depends. I've done both. i'am a big fan of clutch machining and balancing each piece individually. then you can change shims etc. with out making the clutch unbalanced. and as far as I know the clutch is balanced before the ring gear is installed? so I wouldn't worry about it? unless you have a lot of vibration or ski tip shake.

it depends. I've done both. i'am a big fan of clutch machining and balancing each piece individually. then you can change shims etc. with out making the clutch unbalanced. and as far as I know the clutch is balanced before the ring gear is installed? so I wouldn't worry about it? unless you have a lot of vibration or ski tip shake.

I beleive Indy Dan may do this but he charges more than I want to spend for clutch balancing. Where do you get each piece balanced on their own.

Why doesn't the trq arm fit with elc start? How much where those arms?
The torque arm mounts where the starter drive gear mounts on the front of the engine,slp didn't have a price listed yet

No the fpp pitman and idler arms. It's 120 for the strap
Oh sorry, I think around 300$ its been a while since I bought them,just give them call they'll hook ya up,really nice compared to stock which are junk with cheap plastic bushings

Back
Top Bottom