• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Snow Flap Issues

Rbell14

Country
USA
Years Snowmobiling
Snowmobile
2021 Indy VR1 850
2016 Rush Pro S 600
So I hate the snow flap on the Axys chassis. It runs too close the ground and often bottoms out while unloading and hitting mogules. I've had to replace the rivet that holds it up several times and now the tap has broke off.

Anyone have a good fix beyond a bunjee cord. Guess I could bolt it on but it will rip off over time I'm sure. Maybe I should just cut it shorter so it doesn't catch...

Pdp. Long flap. With single center strap. Works perfect. I fought with those stock flaps since 19. Finally had enough. (Proven design products. ) nutvand bolt it on with stainless fasteners with small shims in center two holes. Have to drill 2 holes in flap to match tunnel. Rode 1000 ish miles with it. 0 drama andyiur friends behind you will thank you too. It doesn’t look great in hand but looks good on sled and is fitting of the machine

So, coming back to this. I don't actually have an issue with the snow flap but the point at which it mounts to the grab bar keeps getting pulled out. I've replaced with larger rivets but when I back up it catches and pulls on that rivet and loosens it after a couple times then breaks. A that point, very little support.

How have you guys solved this? Has to be a issue on the older SB sleds too.

mine dose the same thing, when i back off trailer only ,and let the sled roll off by it self when its at the bottom of the ramp i just pick it up

I was thinking about drilling a hole in bottom of bumper and install a rivnut. Then put a 1/4-20 bolt with washer and a small amount of blue loctite so bolt cannot back out. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom