• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Speedometer Quit Working

Theres a steel bushing with a square center that presses into the end of the driveshaft that the key slides into and drives it. You are probably going to have to pop that out to get the key remnants to come out.
I had that exact sled and had speedo issues as well. Turns out that bushing itself was bad, it was never knurled the OD correctly so it wasnt locked into the shaft and just spinning itself inside the shaft instead of the drive key.
I would get a new bushing and key. I also used some Loctite bearing retainer I had around on the new bushing just to make sure it didnt spin again.

What was the final solution? I have had the same problem on my 2002 Polaris Edge 800 XP SC after replacing the cable twice.

Related question....... I have an 04 600 Touring. I have found mixed information whether the grease zerk on the speedo cover actually allows grease to the shaft bearing on the PTO side, or if it only lubricates the end of the speedo cable.

Related question....... I have an 04 600 Touring. I have found mixed information whether the grease zerk on the speedo cover actually allows grease to the shaft bearing on the PTO side, or if it only lubricates the end of the speedo cable.
Only greases the speedo drive in that cover.

Bummer,,, so to keep shaft bearing lubed remove secondary and speedo cover or is there access for a grease syringe?

Usually if you can get speedo cover off without pulling secondary you can use a needle greaser and pump grease thru dust cover on bearing. Or pop bearing dust cover and pack it.

Back
Top Bottom