• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

TEAM TIED TEST

Dr.Notadoo

Finally got one to try out, we used a 68-63 full and a 140-200 spring. Can say enough about this secondary, the clutch responds better then the tss-04. Put many miles on other set ups today back to back( my old set up) and the tied. If you have a tied you know what I'm talking about, the clutch just works. Those of you that have them and are not using it, start. This combo is better then the 50-44 full that I've posted before. These are available, not on back order like the other helix. My only regret is not trying it sooner. That is all

i have a 50/44 on backorder i could cancle .. did u change anything else in your setup with this helix?.. what are your rpms?? and what is the range it performs best at low mid or high?? thanks for info doc

No just the clutch , works better everywhere. On tims sled the rpm came up 200 but his map is not fine tuned yet (8200) was 8000 rpm. Mine came up a bit also. Very smooth and there is more there, I will get more . Today was first test, very impressed with it. It's an 18deg change from tss-04. That's the cross reference. And less belt heat, nice and cool. Was using gates belt BTW

It's incredible, faster then the other set up. Better clutch all together, beafyer. If you have one laying around.order the tied helix instead. Takes the same springs

It's incredible, faster then the other set up. Better clutch all together, beafyer. If you have one laying around.order the tied helix instead. Takes the same springs
That's awesome! I'm definitely going to order a tied and helix now. I'm going to run the same primary and secondary setup that you used to use this weekend (except with the 140/220 spring because I forgot to order the 140/200) and smoke my buddies new axys haha. Then hopefully the tied will be in and I can get that together for next weekend.

I tried the Tied with stock primary, a 62-54? full progressive helix , and a 140-240 spring. The sled felt fast, but the clutches were both much warmer than with the stock setup. Can't remember the exact angles of the helix. It seems like running less angle and more spring than you, Doc, there would be less slippage than what you were seeing. Guess I'll try it out again, this time with the 120-310 primary with the 10-72 weights.

Finally got one to try out, we used a 68-63 full and a 140-200 spring. Can say enough about this secondary, the clutch responds better then the tss-04. Put many miles on other set ups today back to back( my old set up) and the tied. If you have a tied you know what I'm talking about, the clutch just works. Those of you that have them and are not using it, start. This combo is better then the 50-44 full that I've posted before. These are available, not on back order like the other helix. My only regret is not trying it sooner. That is all

Rookie here--SO this is a completely different type/model secondary and then the other numbers are the helix angle and spring respectively? Where are you sourcing the clutch/helix/spring? From Team?

Thanks!

Yes S tied uses much steeper angles because of its design. The springs are the same as the tss-04. This clutch opens much like a primary, therefore there is no belt scuff. This alone will cut down on friction which developes

I ran the tied and the tss04 on the 901 the tied feels much more fun more responsive back shift is quicker feels like it accelerates quicker I will be testing with it more

IS THE 66-61 FULL AVAILABLE? THATS EQUAL TO A 48-44 IN A TSS-04. YOU WILL MOST LIKELY HAVE TO GO WITH A WEAKER SPRING WITH THAT HELIX. STOCK OR A 125-175..(RED/GRAY)..SPRING

Try a 64/60 full progressive. You'll like it... A lot with the 140/200 spring.

Is anyone running the Indy Specialties clutch master weights? They are working very well in my Axys RMK. Fully adjustable from 60-75g ish.

Anyone have any idea where I can get the 68x63 helix. I've checked around and all on back order

Any more updates on how the tied is working ? Everybody still running the same angles helix wise ??

Back
Top Bottom