• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

TERRA-ALPS 840cc STROKER

You will need a crank, cases, water pump, cylinder, cat Pistons . Case bolts, water pump bolts, and head cover bolts. He will supply machine work , crank stroking, cylinder head bolts and his domes and head cover . Check out web site Tom.

So tell us. Does the stroker dust the other sleds? If so, what kind of distance can it pull before hitting 100?

Thanks for the info!!!

So tell us. Does the stroker dust the other sleds? If so, what kind of distance can it pull before hitting 100?

Thanks for the info!!!
Yes it pulls on us. I had 163 hp +/- a couple and Haulins was about 168+/- a couple. And it launches and pulls about 5 lengths. It has about 10+ lbs of torque over our sleds.

I'm going to answer this as best as I can. I set my sled up to drag race, mostly in the traction department. So it leaves and it's got a good clutch set up. You would have to have a comparable sled to run with it.

I usually don't set my sled up for half mile runs across the lake mostly 1000 ft. The 840 needs more gear and has the motor to pull more, so I was hurting it a bit on top with the 1.74 running that long of a distance. Plus the cobra track is not great for speed.

At the lake near my house we were running about 700 ft. My SKS in that distance was 82 mph as recorded by speedo, hero conditions. The 840 same distance was 101-104 by speedo , again hero conditions.

I usually don't set my sled up for half mile runs across the lake mostly 1000 ft. The 840 needs more gear and has the motor to pull more, so I was hurting it a bit on top with the 1.74 running that long of a distance. Plus the cobra track is not great for speed.

Guys how does this compare to what Indy Specialties has with their "long rod" combination? It appears they do quality work but I am going to guess the HP and torque numbers wont quite match the Stroker or big bore modifications. My main reason for asking is that Indy is in my back yard in case any issues pop up. I dont see any spec numbers on his site to give me an indication of how to make the best choice. This combo is going into a late model Indy pro ride chassis updated with a 128" track length and a Nextech rear suspension is the plan.The combo I wish Polaris would build but havent,so I will do my own.. Low elevation riding only. Mainly a trail and lake rocket(thats my thing) with the best combo of parts available. But yet it has to be reliable for some serious miles too. Am new here but not to snowmobiling. Been doing this since I was 10.And thats a Long time ago. Have had all 4 brands over the years.But the Poo blood is something that I just cant ever get enough of.The others were a history lesson I learned from and history is what they are to me.. Any input, opinions or thoughts is greatly appreciated..Thanx in advance.

Hi Bell. Just my two cents Lol. Indy Dan builds a great motor. My brother if in law has one in a pro ride. Dan is a man of his word. Top notch. I'm going out on a limb here but I think the stroker is totally different than the long rod Guys like Doc or Brock would know for sure. Dan doesn't talk HP much. But he does a lot of testing and he says what good is HP if it doesn't last. You are right we need that stroker or something. I'm anxious too for Hp but I've also blowed up my fair share. I feel Polaris is close to releasing something. Call Dan and talk to him. Just my op.

Hi Bell. Just my two cents Lol. Indy Dan builds a great motor. My brother if in law has one in a pro ride. Dan is a man of his word. Top notch. I'm going out on a limb here but I think the stroker is totally different than the long rod Guys like Doc or Brock would know for sure. Dan doesn't talk HP much. But he does a lot of testing and he says what good is HP if it doesn't last. You are right we need that stroker or something. I'm anxious too for Hp but I've also blowed up my fair share. I feel Polaris is close to releasing something. Call Dan and talk to him. Just my op.
Thank you Vern.. Yes I believe Indy Dans combo of using a long rod was more for longevity than anything else. And you are so right about making things last.. I remember putting the first aerochargers on an Indy in the early 90,s.. Talk about short term fun...lol. So yes I have had my share of expensive lessons too over the years. I guess thats why Im researching this one out a bit more. Thanx again..

IMO big bore or stroked doesn't equate with reliable serious mileage. Clutching and gearing would equate with that criteria.

A longer rod is not stroking the crank unless the crank pin location is moved further toward the outside of the balance wheel. His kit must use a shim, if the rod is longer

A longer rod is not stroking the crank unless the crank pin location is moved further toward the outside of the balance wheel. His kit must use a shim, if the rod is longer
Yea I understood that part..So hes not really changing the stroke just the rod ratio,,,

Back
Top Bottom