• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Titan issues

Hello

This is how I reshaped the driver.

Thanks Stan
20200301_111306.jpg

I would find out if the newest drivers (the plastic drive wheels ) are the same pitch /tooth amount. As the ones on sleds with vibrations. If that is a yes then I would look at the driveshaft itself and see if that is the same. If it is I would press the old drivers off and press new drivers on. If that is the cause of the vibration being talked about. The track would have to line up also but if it’s the same pitch and tooth number and spacing should be ok.

I’m thinking that if the new axle, drivers and bearings will work with my existing track that it maybe worth trying as the driver reshaping seems to really help and the bearing change for 2021 looks significant. Don’t get me wrong as I’m not happy that Polaris is leaving us in a lurch but figure it will be way less expensive than trading. Anyone know if we’re okay with the existing track and even maybe port it as well.

I’m thinking that if the new axle, drivers and bearings will work with my existing track that it maybe worth trying as the driver reshaping seems to really help and the bearing change for 2021 looks significant. Don’t get me wrong as I’m not happy that Polaris is leaving us in a lurch but figure it will be way less expensive than trading. Anyone know if we’re okay with the existing track and even maybe port it as well.
This is the issue, the track is different so reshaping seems to be the best bet before replacing it all. The track on pre 21 titans is compatible with skandic and Yamaha vk's so it's not worthless but a costly upgrade.

My noise and vibration isn't really bad on my 19 but I think I'll try reshape the drivers.

Have you do this mod Titan Mike?

I’m thinking that with the new bearing design the item “ 5 “ bolt is there to keep the axle/drivers centred re the track windows. I say this as when my machine is run on the track stand the axle/drivers become centred at higher speed and the vibration goes away.

I’m thinking that with the new bearing design the item “ 5 “ bolt is there to keep the axle/drivers centred re the track windows. I say this as when my machine is run on the track stand the axle/drivers become centred at higher speed and the vibration goes away.

You're likely right and the new drive train and track will be a no brainer if someone is replacing a track anyways.

When I look at other drivers running a 2.86 pitch track like the assault, they are closer to the shape Stan had made so I do think the reshaping alone can make a big difference.

I haven't done mine but considering it.

Marshall

If I had the same problem I would help you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom