• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Titan issues

Brad,
Old thread but did you find that the front drive was the culprit causing the vibration on your XC?

anyone else have experience with this titan issue? if so could you elaborate on fixes?

anyone else have experience with this titan issue? if so could you elaborate on fixes?
The dealer just changed my front drive. I only have 1100 miles on my 2018 Titan. The driver broke while I was traveling at a speed of 25 miles per hour. The sled has been at the dealer three times now for bad vibration on running boards and track noise. It’s going back again. Polaris really needs to find the issue.

Hi Paul, are you saying that the vibration is still bad after they changed the front driver. I opened a case with Polaris last year, where they acknowledged the issue and I’ve not heard back yet

Yep, changing the front driver didn’t help at all. I was told by a Polaris mechanic that the issue is from the pitch of the track and drivers. Polaris always had a 2.52 pitch however changed it on the Titan track. I’m not sure what the pitch is now. Simply said, there is no fix. I have mine up for sale. Can’t do it anymore.

Darn, I wonder if the new track on the 2020 Skidoo expedition would be a fix as I will lose to much selling.

I spoke to a guy with a new expedition extreme and he said track noise was minimal and no vibration. Goes like hell with the 850. I’m going to stay with Polaris but going back to aa Assault

Ya I need the 2 up and I don’t think a Expedition SE would be as good on the trails as my Titan. I hope someone does put the 2020 expedition track/wheels on the Titan and reports it. I also saw a thread where someone was going to shave the front axle drivers down last summer but never saw them report anything

I also thought about shaving the window drive from the front driver however my front drive broke in half at the beginning of the season so I’ll wait till warranty runs out before I do anything drastic.

How many km’s on yours, just 1900 on mine and any issues with fouling plugs, have had 2 on mine same side

Hi Paul, I see that the front drive shaft and bearing is now a different part # for the 19 and 20. Do you know what part’s they used to fix yours.
Mike

hello Everyone

bought my 2020 titan XC in December. i previously had a 2006 660 turbo Bearcat. Love the Titan, its amazingly versatile.
But the drone and vibration is very annoying. My dad has a 2019 Skandic with 1.5 track and a friend of mine has the 2018 expidition extreme with minimal noise and vibration. I now have 550 km on it and checked track tension today. Was very loose so tighten it up to spec. Went for a short ride an noise was worse. Looked a the drivers and noticed that the sprocket part doesnt seem to line up properly in track windows. will take it to my heated shop this weeks to investigate further since some of you have had broke sprockets.

Purchased a 2020 Titan XC and from the first ride noticed the vibration. I only have about 200km on it and find the track noise very annoying at low and mid speeds. Seems to quite down around 75-80kmh. The sled is less than 2 weeks old and is now back at the dealer to investigate this noise.

Update : Got sled back from dealer. Nothing was found from inspection but did confirm the noise/vibration was unacceptable. The dealer has opened a case with Polaris.
I have also opened a case with Polaris through "Polaris owner connections" . Owners need to have a case opened with their dealer. The higher number of cases opened about this problem the more visibility Polaris has about the problem and the sooner a fix will come.

Hey GJE, have an 18 Adventure, same as you, dealer and I both opened cases a year ago and was just told this week that they are not going to do anything. I drove my dealer principal’s 20 Adventure, noise is not much better but less vibration in running boards, so dealer is changing front inner suspension wheels to newer smaller dia. ( no help from Polaris ) and I’m putting rubber washers and foam under rear plastic rack. Wish you luck but very disappointed with Polaris here.

Hello I have a 2018 titan and was having the drone and vibration. Today I solved the issue on my titan. I suspended my sled 4 ft off the ground. Removed the belt and spun the track and examined the track system. I found that the driver that goes threw the track window was not entering the window smoothly. It was colliding with the track clip causing major noise and vibration. So I took my 90 degree die grinder with a grinding disc and reshaped the driver. until it engaged the track smoothly. After getting them all reshaped. I took it for a ride and I would say 98 percent of the noise and vibration was gone. I know that wide track make some noise, but now the noise is what I believe it should sound like. I also am running my track looser then polaris specs.

Attachments

• Resized952020022995145825.jpg
    Resized952020022995145825.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 683
  • Resized952020022995180344.jpg
    Resized952020022995180344.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 633
  • Resized952020022995180254.jpg
    Resized952020022995180254.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 652
Last edited:
Hey Stan, that is great news as my Titan is everything I want except for the vibration/noise. Waiting on the pic’s and if it doesn’t work send me a pm so we can try to work out a way of seeing them.
Mike

Hey Stan, that is great news as my Titan is everything I want except for the vibration/noise. Waiting on the pic’s and if it doesn’t work send me a pm so we can try to work out a way of seeing them.
Mike
Do you have a Facebook messanger account?

Back
Top Bottom