• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

TJ's 2020 - 20201 Seasonal log thread / modification thread

Jamie I see your on Hardcore asking about the raise between the VR1 and Assault the Assault rise is taller. What you could also like at is the adjustable risers that may help dial the bars in better
I ended up getting the VR1 riser and prefer it to the higher assault one.

I feel like I've let down the board a bit with the pandemic, and low snow in our area I haven't got a ton of riding in. Only 1350 miles on my sled so far this season. I am hoping to get to 1800 this weekend but we'll see. Depending on conditions etc it may happen. Were finally getting some okay snow. With our province on lockdown its difficult to even travel north to sled from our own place and on top of that we cannot get to Quebec where I do most of my riding typically.

I ended up getting the VR1 riser and prefer it to the higher assault one.

I feel like I've let down the board a bit with the pandemic, and low snow in our area I haven't got a ton of riding in. Only 1350 miles on my sled so far this season. I am hoping to get to 1800 this weekend but we'll see. Depending on conditions etc it may happen. Were finally getting some okay snow. With our province on lockdown its difficult to even travel north to sled from our own place and on top of that we cannot get to Quebec where I do most of my riding typically.
Hear you on the low snow got my first good ride last weekend and just about 500 miles in the sled. I am impressed with the handle bar warmers and wind protection for my hands. We rode in 5F deg temps and on my Axyes I would have had some gauntlets on to keep my hands warm. Never needed them and set my hand warmer temps to run mainly on medium at 105F and high set at 140F if needed. Going back up with my wife and she has my old sled from last year 2020 XC 850 137 so I'm curious to switch back and forth. We're riding in an area we normally don't ride so I don't see us lining them up.

I'm heading north in about an hour to do some riding tomorrow. We are hoping to put a few hundred km on and test this new belt / clutching combo for a bit. I am hoping to have a bit of tested technical data to provide the group.

On another note I have installed a Tricked Toys offset axle and Whal racing 9" wheels on my Assault. The rolling resistance is significantly less and does it ever back up easy in reverse especially on the snow!

Not a huge ride today. Took my little guy for a run back into the provincial park by us. He got on just under 90 miles. Not too bad for 8. The afternoon we spent carving a couple back roads. I’m teaching him how to lay his Indy EVO over and carve lines.

While doing so I am spending a lot more time doing the same on my Assault. Without question and beyond a shadow of a doubt in my mind the assault is far superior to any of my former doo’s in off trail ability. The assaults ability to get on its side, hold a line, and burn turns with a huge sweet spot is unmatched by the backcountry.

Here is a short video of my little guy learning to lay his RMK over. He's 8 right now, really starting to get the hang of it!

He's better at that than I am!

He's obsessed with carving his sled and determined to learn it this season. He is still a bit little for the machine but he's figuring out his balance really well now. Monkey see monkey doo at this point. I have to watch myself and what I do around him now because he tries to ride everything the way I do.

Stayed at Le Notanda last night. No trouble getting into the bar / restaurant Le Cellier. Checked our ID’s at the door and sat us no problem. We were there around 6-8.

Trails are excellent but thin on snow. We desperately need snow or the season isn’t going to last a lot longer up here.

We averaged a pace around 37 mph for the day, not big miles we were only 220 km from home.

Today the plan is to head down to Ville Marie and across the lake to new liskreard and home.

Stopped by QPP yesterday near Rouyn checked our papers and off we went. Happy to have us here riding and spending $.

Again I’ll tell everyone they absolutely want us here despite what the media wants us to believe. Open arms everywhere, if anything I’ve had more people in Northern Ontario be rude to me than in Nothern Quebec this season.

I’m at 1800 miles on the Gboost belt now with my own clutching recipe and seeing perfectly flat shift curve and deadly consistent performance.

Jamie the Lynx have your interest for next year. Friend of mine will have one next Wednesday and taking it up Nth but I got work commitments and can't go.

Jamie the Lynx have your interest for next year. Friend of mine will have one next Wednesday and taking it up Nth but I got work commitments and can't go.

Were supposed to have a demo for this weekend. It will be intersting!

Were supposed to have a demo for this weekend. It will be intersting!
I need to go to Tennessee for a couple days and can't go with those guys when they have the sled. Curious what they have to say they're picking it up tomorrow and have to have it back Wendesday morning.

I finally brought my sled home to service the shocks on it. I have not brought it home since December which is rare for me to not be tinkering all the time but in truth the sled just hasn't needed much attention.

Anyways the WE velocity shocks have to be the most simple shocks to freshen up I have ever serviced. The huge bleed ports make it simple to bleed the air out of them and they take no time at all to do. Oil was still actually really good, to be honest probably the cleanest 3k mile oil I have seen come out of shocks. These must have excellent ice scrapers. I was feeling my front end was getting soft / fading so I figured it was time. Now that I did them its more than likely the were low on N2.

Untitled by Jamie Attridge, on Flickr

I finally brought my sled home to service the shocks on it. I have not brought it home since December which is rare for me to not be tinkering all the time but in truth the sled just hasn't needed much attention.

Anyways the WE velocity shocks have to be the most simple shocks to freshen up I have ever serviced. The huge bleed ports make it simple to bleed the air out of them and they take no time at all to do. Oil was still actually really good, to be honest probably the cleanest 3k mile oil I have seen come out of shocks. These must have excellent ice scrapers. I was feeling my front end was getting soft / fading so I figured it was time. Now that I did them its more than likely the were low on N2.

Don't have the info in front of me but I believe the front shocks only had 150 PSI from the factory.

Correct Doug they have 150 psi. I charged mine to 175 to tune a touch more stiffness in.

Looks like I bit the bullet and ordered another Assault.

Correct Doug they have 150 psi. I charged mine to 175 to tune a touch more stiffness in.

Looks like I bit the bullet and ordered another Assault.
Nice
I'm working between VR1, XCR. Also looking at a 650 VR1 for my wife. Getting mix reports on the guys riding the Lynx today. Straight trail they prefer their own sleds a mix between Renegades and XRS's. Crossover mix some like the Lynx others like their own. Off trail the Lynx. Saying the Lynx is more of a 40-60 more off trail sled.

Back
Top Bottom