• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Which would you do? Opinions?

I don't have enough experience with a tied, but the 3 tower on the P2 is the most efficient. Half torsional twist and compression gives it an advantage too .
Just my opinion. :)

Eight pilot care to share ur choice of helix for the tied? They say Add 14 deg. To what ur using in a tss04 is that close?

I don't have enough experience with a tied, but the 3 tower on the P2 is the most efficient. Half torsional twist and compression gives it an advantage too .
Just my opinion. :)
Had the P2 in my 09 Dragon and 2011 Rush 800 and I gained a pile of top end. Div20 Looking forward to using it in my 2015 AXYS Pro S.

Had the P2 in my 09 Dragon and 2011 Rush 800 and I gained a pile of top end. Div20 Looking forward to using it in my 2015 AXYS Pro S.

I have the P2 on my 2013 indy 600 that I assume I can swap over the the Pro S. I am totally new to Polaris clutching. But I love to test things out...so I will do a little research and hopefully do some back to back testing of the two different clutches this winter

I have the P2 on my 2013 indy 600 that I assume I can swap over the the Pro S. I am totally new to Polaris clutching. But I love to test things out...so I will do a little research and hopefully do some back to back testing of the two different clutches this winter
Make sure that when you put the P2 on your Pro S that you use the bolt and spacer from the Indy also. Make sure that you transfer the washers from the Pro S bolt and spacer to the same position on the bolt and spacer from the Indy. Also use the washers that were between the jackshaft and spacer to keep the clutch in proper alignment.

Eight pilotcare to share ur choice of helix for the tied? They say Add 14 deg. To what ur using in a tss04 is that close?
I ran the tied 71/55 on my 160 hp 797 twin last season....with great results in 660' on snow.... but that was with a 146 cobra. I will back off a few degrees for the new Axys and start from there. Will have a brand new TS-004 for sale as soon as the '16 arrives if anyone is interested.

First lets make some basic parameter's. Axys 800SWB. 144 1.325 Goldiggers. Regeared to 1.74. 120-310 spring. 10-68 to 10-72 weight available to tune. Stock helix and sec spring with a 66/44.46 helix to use. And a Gates belt to start after it is broke in, Now the ? and make your choice with no other added components except the following: Roughly $400 to spend. Which will give the most added performance bottom to top. A SSI , Bikeman or ?? pipe mod, OR a P2 secondary and appropriate helix/spring {used or new off Ebay} in place of the Team setup?

mmmm I would do the exhaust and the Team Tied. I already did, on mine.
As far as the P-2 goes, I don't have any experience. But here's what I do know---Tony kicked a lot of ASS with his Tied set up, and I Love my Tied. Don't know if we raced anybody with a P-2. Tied parts are easier to get. If anybody has a P-2 close to me, I would love to run them.

If you want me to do both you have to pay for one!

I disagree. I ran the tied on my last 2 trail sleds.... awesome back shift with better midrange shift out. Won alot of 660' snow drags with the Tied as well
What one guy can make run good for him, another guy might not do the same. I prefer the P2 over any secondary.
That doesn't mean the P2 is better or the tied is better, each to their own.

I agree. I'm just saying that both the tied and p2 are a huge improvement over the lightweight... For people not wanting to get involved with the P2, the tied is a great alternative.

What one guy can make run good for him, another guy might not do the same. I prefer the P2 over any secondary.
That doesn't mean the P2 is better or the tied is better, each to their own.

Exzactly! I have the TSS-04 working just about as good as a tied!

Exzactly! I have the TSS-04 working just about as good as a tied!
I can make anything work. The tss-04 can get me the same et's as the P2 or tied.
The thing I like about the P2 is u can use less side spring pressure(less resistance) then any other brand.
Getting the same et's with a tss-04 vs P2 is all good, but, the P2 runs more efficient, less resistance and lower belt/clutch sheave face heat. (Doesn't rob hp).

They all work, it's a preference.

Back
Top Bottom