• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

X Shocks

Minus40

15 ProX SB
I don't like the package as it doesn't suit my riding. I ride cross country and find the front very stiff, shocks don't move much at speed to soak up the bumps. Fine in the bigger stuff. I am thinking dual rate spring, would a revalve be required?
Rear can be bottomed at will, all it takes is to be under acceleration and hit anything. Tighten it things up and lose the lift and rides like a brick.
So can I have a nice cross country ride and still do X things? The older I get the more I like things my way.

I just had a lengthy conversation with hygear at syracuse show. Call them. They will spring and revalve , lower , and remove needle from your current set up. Sounded exactly like what you were askng for. A tweener between x and s.

Also make the clickers less dramatic between say 5 and up (more linear less abrupt ) I'm gonna just start with some dual rate spring set up. I'm heavy and ride a lot of bigger bumps so want to keep the bottoming resistance high but at the lower end of spring travel not so much off start. Just want it a hair more compliant in smaller high speed bumps.

No I haven't had any trouble with the X bottoming. At least not when shocks are fresh. When trails are nice I have rear clicker on 2 or so. Frt torque are clicker on 4/5. Front shocks on 2. Springs fairly soft. And I forgot exactly where rear springs are set Not far from where they came set. Only trouble I blew one frt at about 800 miles. Warranty rebuilt. And I can tell the rears need it now esp. Torque arm shock. At end of season I had yo crnk it up where I didn't before. And it started bucking a lil so. Now is the time to dial em in a lil better for me. But all in all I thought they were ok. Frt end is lil abrupt and harsh IMO.

I didn't have a problem with the pro r frt end but.... The frt torque arm was way off for me maybe even more so with the S. Model. I'm no shock guru by any means. I can rebuild them change pArts etc. play with oil and springs but I nvr took the time to learn anything about valving other than the most basic of how it works. Another note on the needle as I was told is that it causes cavitation that can bee seen in a shock dyno. What that mean where the rubber hits the snow. Idk

Guys around this way have been using (monster performance ) or something like that in ny. I have not talked with them or used any product but so far any conversation about them and been good and I guess pricing is very reasonable also. I know they were doing some S stuff last season w happy customers. Just FYI. As an alternative

Back
Top Bottom