• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Adjustable weights who's using them and what brand

For your slide put them on a table saw and cut a groove down the center about .25 (6mm) deep the width of the blade. This packs with snow during normal riding and when the slides get hot melts and help lube them. On stock slides I always heat them with a propane torch and put them in a freezer 3-4 times before installing them. They don't wear as fast. I'm not sure if that would be a benefit to the Dupont slides.
We used to do that except with small holes. One drawback though in snirty condition they also pack with crap and can wear faster.

We used to do that except with small holes. One drawback though in snirty condition they also pack with crap and can wear faster.
Use to get that also when I drilled holes dirt would hang up in the hole. Cutting a slot seems to self clean.

Did some quick testing this afternoon with my Gtech and here’s my results
60’ - 1.77s 43.00 mph
660’ - 7.238s 94.30 mph
1000’ - 9.642s 100.10 mph

Did some quick testing this afternoon with my Gtech and here’s my results
60’ - 1.77s 43.00 mph
660’ - 7.238s 94.30 mph
1000’ - 9.642s 100.10 mph
Looks to be running very good! I plan on upgrading to a 129" 850 this summer. Have you ran against any 137 or 144? I wonder how the 3 track lengths compare with everything else being equal?

Looks to be running very good! I plan on upgrading to a 129" 850 this summer. Have you ran against any 137 or 144? I wonder how the 3 track lengths compare with everything else being equal?
I haven’t ran against other sleds yet. Mine is a 137” VR1 850 with 1.5 Storm track. My new one definitely pulls better than my 129” 850. It launches way better.

From post I have seen... the 144 tops ends the best over the 129 and 137. I would guess the 146 is slower then the 144... the 2.52 pitch are faster then the 2.86.

Could also be approach angle or other angles from wheels that tracks go over

This is my setup which I feel is good enough to finally give out the helix I am messing with. The RPM seems to be consistent and hold well enough over a big temperature swing to say that it "should" work for most guys who want to run a softer aftermarket belt.

***Disclaimer***
I have NOT tested this on anything but a 146" Assault with 1.5" track at or around 1100' elevation is where our place is.

If you choose to buy the parts I am running I suggest you have a good idea of clutching and how to tune it incase your riding area is different, or conditions are different from where I have tested.

Primary clutch
Speedwerx H5 155-300 spring
Stock weights (Seems to have a lot better grip down low than Dalton)

Secondary clutch
Dalton White
Dalton Helix - 58/42-40 .40

The combination I would NOT recommend on the stock belt at all, it is made to work around the softer stickier belts. I could not make the OEM helix rev out quick enough on the softer belts even with really stiff springs. I had a 320 finish primary spring in my sled and it still wouldn't rip the rpm how I want.

With the above from the testing I have done it is faster than a stock assault, stock vr1 x 137, and I have beaten a few 850 Doo's as well so it seems to perform decent. Consistency is near spot on with instant rpm from -30 to -10* on a warmer spring day I would toss the stock Polaris belt on to get the sled to rev quicker if it got lazy.

Hope this helps guys.

This is my setup which I feel is good enough to finally give out the helix I am messing with. The RPM seems to be consistent and hold well enough over a big temperature swing to say that it "should" work for most guys who want to run a softer aftermarket belt.

***Disclaimer***
I have NOT tested this on anything but a 146" Assault with 1.5" track at or around 1100' elevation is where our place is.

If you choose to buy the parts I am running I suggest you have a good idea of clutching and how to tune it incase your riding area is different, or conditions are different from where I have tested.

Primary clutch
Speedwerx H5 155-300 spring
Stock weights (Seems to have a lot better grip down low than Dalton)

Secondary clutch
Dalton White
Dalton Helix - 58/42-40 .40

The combination I would NOT recommend on the stock belt at all, it is made to work around the softer stickier belts. I could not make the OEM helix rev out quick enough on the softer belts even with really stiff springs. I had a 320 finish primary spring in my sled and it still wouldn't rip the rpm how I want.

With the above from the testing I have done it is faster than a stock assault, stock vr1 x 137, and I have beaten a few 850 Doo's as well so it seems to perform decent. Consistency is near spot on with instant rpm from -30 to -10* on a warmer spring day I would toss the stock Polaris belt on to get the sled to rev quicker if it got lazy.

Hope this helps guys.
I know you were looking for a smoother engagement and the 155 on the primary normally would go against that how is the engagement? Can see where that would help with the RPM to spool up

I know you were looking for a smoother engagement and the 155 on the primary normally would go against that how is the engagement? Can see where that would help with the RPM to spool up

I tried to go lower with a 120 lb start but didn't like how it worked.

I tried to go lower with a 120 lb start but didn't like how it worked.
I have the lower engagement and that's where I'm losing a little bit in midrange to the Ski-Doo's but so far I've been able to drive around them on top end. Had a 640 mile weekend last weekend that was nice.

I tried the GBoost the other weekend for the first time, brought my RPM's way down - like 500ish. What does that tell me? OEM belt slips - like after around 300ish miles. I plan to trial some clutching using the GBoost to see how that turns out. I did notice that even with belt deflection set where it should be, it squeals when warmer outside (like above 25-30F). But, primary clutch is now clean with no black marks on it anymore.

Temp was 42F yesterday, snow was "slushy" warm on a lake and not much of it. 1000' was 9.71s at 96.75mph. 1/4mi was 11.92 at 99.86mph. Its done better than that in better conditions, that's for sure. This is a VR1 137" 850 with studded Cobra.

This past weekend we logged 330 miles of riding all trails. Very little off trail we don't have a lot of snow left to play in. The temps warmed up to around 0* and my RPM was still bang on the money at 8150-8250 every single squeeze. I can not confidently say that this clutching gets it done with the Gboost belt from -35* to 0* C without deviating from proper peak RPM. That's next to unheard of! I cannot stress how happy I am with the clutching in my sled. I used to stare at the RPM every squeeze to analyze what was happening. Now I can just ride it and know every pull I see perfect RPM.

On Saturday we both got bad gas near Notre Dame Du Nord on the reservation at the Petro Canada. We filled up with fresh 94 there and as soon as we hit the railway line cruising I saw my CEL flash holding steady at 6800 rpm cruising around 70 mph. Both machines did it at almost the exact same time. I watched it flicker a few times then set the "MAXIMUM DETONATION DETECTED" message and it killed power. Stopped, restarted the engines and switched to non premium fuel mode and had no more troubles the remainder of the ride home (Approx 35 miles) cool the system does what its supposed to!

We probably have 2-3 weeks of riding left if were lucky, maybe more but I am doubtful so I don't think I will get a whole lot more miles or testing on my sled. I am happy to put it away knowing that I have it well sorted and dialed in for next season though!

I forgot to update this after last weekend. I removed my Gboost belt to put some miles on the Ultimax XS 811. It unfortunately lasted one day and exploded. I wasn't easy on it but wasn't any different on it than the Gboost. Overall performance felt the same as the Gboost and I was happy with the performance / shift curve with my clutching. Can't say anything bad about it really.

Anyways contacted Ultimax and they immediately questioned why I was using the 811 vs 801? and said I had the wrong belt. They were not going to warranty it until I argued a bit. So going forward whatever belt the 811 is supposed to fit needs to be mentioned when claiming warranty.

Were winding down in our season maybe 1-2 weekends left if the weather doesn't do a huge 180. I am back to running the Gboost belt and will order a brand new one for next season and keep this one as a spare. Will not bother with Polaris belts at all anymore. The adjusted clutching and Gboost belt gave me perfect shifting / performance all season. Can't ask for more than that. Gboost will round out the year around 2500 miles or so can't really complain about that.

Where do you get your Gboost belts from in Ontario?? Buy them on line or from a dealer? Are these belts not more expensive than OEM belt??

Where do you get your Gboost belts from in Ontario?? Buy them on line or from a dealer? Are these belts not more expensive than OEM belt??

I bought mine direct from Gboost. Not sure if anyone in Ontario is carrying the Polaris one? I know Turbodynamics is a dealer but I would imagine they only sell sidewinder belts.

Back
Top Bottom