• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

avid 9 teeth 2,86 pitch

For every pound of rotating mass that you eliminate it's like removing seven pounds from your sled.

it's kinda hard to removed rotational mass of these thing no?? we talk about bigger wheel at the back, bigger driver, i know that they removed rolling resistance but removing weight is another thing..

that's a amazing setup you got there Doc, it take alot of knowledge to achieve something like this! and make it work!

Thank you Sir... anything that rotates can benafit from this, brake rotor, track, hollow jackshafts, light drive shaft, gears and chain... and what ever else

Docs sled and set up works very well as I drove it . It's all about rolling resistance, friction and weight. 3 key factors to get you ahead of the next guy by huge lengths .

The only thing I won't change, or haulin-the-mail,Is the cobra to the hacksaw.We'll sacrifice some rolling resistance for the great bite in the trail with the cobra vs the hacksaw. If I only had one little little complaint. It would be the hacksaw for fast trail in loose snow. Not saying docs set up doesn't do well as it will beat a set up with cobra track racing on the hard packed lake.

There is also another factor. The old 4 driver on the triples vs the 2 drivers on these new twins. There's more top end there too :DO O

I agree with the old 4 driver setups.. Was that because it kept the track flatter or because it spread out the contact surface between the track and drivers?

I guess It's the next step to clutching/gearing to address these thing(rotational mass and rolling resistance).. loll

I'll have to figure out my secondary clutch setup before tho!..lol

As I understand Brock you have a similar to DOC setup but with the cobra ?(that i love on mine!!) don't want to change the track either.

I guess It's the next step to clutching/gearing to address these thing(rotational mass and rolling resistance).. loll

I'll have to figure out my secondary clutch setup before tho!..lol

As I understand Brock you have a similar to DOC setup but with the cobra ?(that i love on mine!!) don't want to change the track either.

Me haulin and doc talked about the driver change and hacksaw a couple/few years back. Timing systems don't lie. I just won't switch out the cobra as I like it to much.

I agree with the old 4 driver setups.. Was that because it kept the track flatter or because it spread out the contact surface between the track and drivers?
Flatter, no bowing in track under load, etc...

So this is the recommended driver in the picture? I'm assuming the stock cobra track can still be used? And how would this affect clutch setup if gearing to 1.94? I tried to tell myself I wouldn't spend any money this year but this is interesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171015-181719.png
    Screenshot_20171015-181719.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 393
So this is the recommended driver in the picture? I'm assuming the stock cobra track can still be used? And how would this affect clutch setup if gearing to 1.94? I tried to tell myself I wouldn't spend any money this year but this is interesting.
yes stock track can be used,if you want to run 1.94 ratio in the chain case? then the final ratio with the bigger drivers would be about 1.72 . so if your running 8 tooth 2.86 with 22/38 (1.73) now the 1.72 is the closest.those gears could be (20-39)..the ratio is up to your riding style,there are multiple gearing options..i like a much bigger bottom gear.personal preference I guess..
I would try ur clutching what ever you have first..

I geared to 1.73 and put a team tied clutch on last year. I like the 1.73. The 1.94 sounds good and I'm guessing there isn't a need to have the dealer adjust the speedo.

Edit
After research its probably recommend to have the dealer hook up the digi wrench and adjust the chain case gearing but do they have the ability to adjust the driver so the speedo reads correctly?

Last edited:
I geared to 1.73 and put a team tied clutch on last year. I like the 1.73. The 1.94 sounds good and I'm guessing there isn't a need to have the dealer adjust the speedo.

Edit
After research its probably recommend to have the dealer hook up the digi wrench and adjust the chain case gearing but do they have the ability to adjust the driver so the speedo reads correctly?
forget the driver size when adjusting the speedo,do a gps reading and compare to your speedo,then hook up DW and select the gears that will get you close ..

Edit
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the DW can not adjust for different drivers. Use Doc's method.

Sorry to bring up an old post but this seems to be the only info I can find on bigger drivers. So if I go up to a 9 tooth driver there is enough room to fit it in? It seems like there wouldn’t be enough track adjustment but I don’t know how much the driver would actually take up.

Read from the beginning. Running a bigger driver, was done with running a longer track with shorter luggs

From what I read on Docs post it sounds like the stock track can be used? Is that incorrect? I have read this entire post and I understand the track and driver swap from say a 137 to 144 but I’m wondering if by keeping everything stock besides the driver is there enough room to get it in? I know its 7/16 closer to the tunnel so is that the same amount that the track will need to be adjusted?

From what I read on Docs post it sounds like the stock track can be used? Is that incorrect? I have read this entire post and I understand the track and driver swap from say a 137 to 144 but I’m wondering if by keeping everything stock besides the driver is there enough room to get it in? I know its 7/16 closer to the tunnel so is that the same amount that the track will need to be adjusted?

I honestly can't answer that, but I don't think the 137 track will work with the bigger drivers and wheels.. Not long enough. Doc isn't here any longer. He may be on FB.

Back
Top Bottom