• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Clutching and gearing

1.74, 120-310, cutler tm 65g, 50-44f, 155-222 ,gates, 96gold diggers. Had a 140-200 and had a lot of track spin, but seemed quicker when it hooked.
So 65 grams is your base weight, how much total with added??

Your track spin is your suspension set up. Your rider sag- in weight probably isn't enough at back rear shock?

So 65 grams is your base weight, how much total with added??

Your track spin is your suspension set up. Your rider sag- in weight probably isn't enough at back rear shock?
Cutler claims the tm weights act 5g heavier so buy them according. At 65g I turn 8250-8300, as I add I loose rpm. The sled rips, my suspension is per book. On click 7-9 it stands up straight, on 4-5 it takes off good but a bit more spin. I was looking to get more weight to get full shift out, should I try a higher finish primary?

Cutler claims the tm weights act 5g heavier so buy them according. At 65g I turn 8250-8300, as I add I loose rpm. The sled rips, my suspension is per book. On click 7-9 it stands up straight, on 4-5 it takes off good but a bit more spin. I was looking to get more weight to get full shift out, should I try a higher finish primary?
THE TM CUTLERS ARE STOCK 10 SERIES AT BASE THEN VERY AGGRESSIVE MID TO TOP. DONT WORRY WHAT YOUR TOAL WEIGHT IS AS LONG AS UR BELT IS SOMEWHAT COOL . GIVE THE SLED WHAT IT NEEDS,IF IT DOESNT LIKE THE TIP WEIGHT LEAVE IT OUT. MAKE IT HAPPY

I haven't messed with the Pro X so I really can't help you there. Brock would know.
I have a prox sb with 19:43 gear. 2.26 if i remember correct and does not matter snow conditions not powder tho but pulls 107 mph every single time. 950 miles still same belt. Shifts great.

your base weight is to heavy..but seeing as how you have the 65s just put a .75 in the tip with a 310 finish spring abd see if you can pull it. what is the rest of the set up( rear clutch)?

I have been reading through this forum trying to decide what set up to go with, so I figured I would ask for some opinions.
2015 Pro X
1.75 track 108 double backer studs down the center
I weight 200lbs mostly trail riding with a little back country deep snow riding (sometimes haul out west for a backup sled)
Everything is stock, and it has been the most disappointing sled I have ever owned. I'm fairly novice when it comes to clutching so please explain accordingly.
Thanks

I have been reading through this forum trying to decide what set up to go with, so I figured I would ask for some opinions.
2015 Pro X
I weight 200lbs mostly trail riding with a little back country deep snow riding (sometimes haul out west for a backup sled)
Everything is stock, and it has been the most disappointing sled I have ever owned. I'm fairly novice when it comes to clutching so please explain accordingly.
Thanks
Sorry to hear that. Maybe we can help?

What's your elevation?

I'd like to hear your guys' suggestions on my setup and what things I could change.
2017 800 SB LE Lime Squeeze
137x1.5" Ripsaw 2 is the only mod
Stock clutching, stock cobra (1.68) gearing.
I'm 170 lb. with gear, and I like to do a little bit of every kind of riding but top speed is least important. Highest I've seen is 103 but that was warm mushy snow and 30* temps. Clutches will get too hot to touch while ditch banging but that's while beating the tar out of it. And it'll rev 8400 and touch the occasional 8500. 600+ miles on it and 25 hours.

After doing a lot of reading this is the list of s stuff I figured I would need, I was also thinking about getting the cutler adjustable weights because of the fact they're cheaper than the daltons. I'm open to different suggestions if anyone has any better ideas

2015 Pro X
Elevation 0-2000'
Thanks

After doing a lot of reading this is the list of s stuff I figured I would need, I was also thinking about getting the cutler adjustable weights because of the fact they're cheaper than the daltons. I'm open to different suggestions if anyone has any better ideas

2015 Pro X
Elevation 0-2000'
Thanks

Your Pro X should have a 22/41 1.86 gearing in it from the factory and with the 1.750 track there is no reason to change it.

Any suggestions to wake this thing up?
You have the clutching picked out, only change i would make is the helix , look for the 48/44F - 46/42F helix, reason is the 46/42 cut will work better if you take the sled out west and the 48/44 cut will be better on the trail with the extra weight of the 1.750 track. Also SSI can custom cut you a helix with a trail cut 48/44F and a better mountain cut for out west, some like a straight 40 degree.

does anyone have experience using dd magna force adjustable weights?
yes Dan and guys at DD alots of help. The sled was an 1100 turbo with 290+ hpTrail sled. Magna Force 4 ramp setup. it was amazing how friendly you could set up and yet develope such performance. Very easy once you understand shift. some companies build adjustable with 3 magnet position. I feel you need the 4 to get the best from your sled no matter which brand snowmobile you own.

I'd like to hear your guys' suggestions on my setup and what things I could change.
2017 800 SB LE Lime Squeeze
137x1.5" Ripsaw 2 is the only mod
Stock clutching, stock cobra (1.68) gearing.
I'm 170 lb. with gear, and I like to do a little bit of every kind of riding but top speed is least important. Highest I've seen is 103 but that was warm mushy snow and 30* temps. Clutches will get too hot to touch while ditch banging but that's while beating the tar out of it. And it'll rev 8400 and touch the occasional 8500. 600+ miles on it and 25 hours.
What's the gear ratio?

It should rev 8300 with stock pipe.

Don't know if the clutches are aligned or even how to do it. All I know is the secondary does float, don't know how to find out how much. And do you think 1.73 would be enough? I would just need to add a tooth to the bottom and keep the top and chain

Don't know if the clutches are aligned or even how to do it. All I know is the secondary does float, don't know how to find out how much. And do you think 1.73 would be enough? I would just need to add a tooth to the bottom and keep the top and chain
Sure, try it.
You need to get rpm down from 8500 on stocker. Load motor more with adjustable weights. I suggest adjustable weights anymore so you only buy one set and done .

Back
Top Bottom