• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Dalton QAP weight? Actual owners/user's a ?

Dave, since they recognized the variances, are they or would wahls give you a new set ?

i did not ask Brock, but kind of took their response as the variance is within their tolerance. They did say I could return them and they would see to it I got a full refund. Seems fair enough. Debating.

on the 3/4" set screw there should be less than .1 of a gram difference between the two materials

image.jpg
These are CPC TM weights, very similar to Daltons except the mid tip profile is more aggressive. There set at 67 total and do very well on the track loader..

So what primary spring do you end up with using those. If weighted all at the tip (which I assume is where the weight has been placed) I'd assume you'd need primary spring with a decent finish poundage to help carry it. How'd they compare to the daltons?

Right know I'm using 150-310 and most of the weight is in the base, if you look close at the pic you can see I don't bottom out the last set screw for better leverage

Right know I'm using 150-310 and most of the weight is in the base, if you look close at the pic you can see I don't bottom out the last set screw for better leverage
Ah....on second look i didnt see the set screw hanging out the back. This is similiar to how my daltons are set up. 67.6g. What rpms were u getting with the jaws pipe and this setup..

I've only tried these weights on the track loader and I like them, mine are 67 total and the profile is like the 11 series. Rpm is there depending on secondary helix,with the 70-65 full and the 140-220 it's fast on the loader 8350-8400 rpm

I've only tried these weights on the track loader and I like them, mine are 67 total and the profile is like the 11 series. Rpm is there depending on secondary helix,with the 70-65 full and the 140-220 it's fast on the loader 8350-8400 rpm

That is a pretty healthy helix. That helix is similiar to 52-46f is tss04 . So how would that weight compare to a 10 series? What is the weight of the hardware....similiar to dalton?

THERE IN MY 840 STROKER MOTOR, HP AND TORQUE ARE 18%-20% OVER STOCK,WAS DYNOED AT JAWS LAST YEAR. SO FAR THOSE WORK EXTREAMLY WELL ON THE TRACK LOADER,LIKE THEM ALOT.MY FRIEND RAN THEM LAST YEAR IN HIS SKS TO TRY THEM OUT,HE LIKED THEM TOO.

That is a pretty healthy helix. That helix is similiar to 52-46f is tss04 . So how would that weight compare to a 10 series? What is the weight of the hardware....similiar to dalton?
I THINK THE SET SCREWS ARE THE SAME, THE 10 SERIES IS LESS RADICAL FROM MID TO TIP

Doc,
You are using a 60g base weight with 7g added. Do you think you would get similar results with a 65 with 2g added? Which would you recommend? Why?

It's been my experience that the Dalton's work better when loaded almost to capacity than nearly empty. If I know the sled will never pull more than a 10-70 for example, I'll get the QAP-2 (62-69.5g) adjustability. When the weight is near empty, you are loosing some adjustability.

Ok. But if you load to max, are you able to control where the weight goes, as the inserts get quite long. It seems the weight would not be central to the heel or tip, but in the middle mostly. Or am I understanding this wrong?

Back
Top Bottom