• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Dalton QAP weight? Actual owners/user's a ?

If the weight is fully loaded and you still need to control RPMS, you still have the option of changing the primary spring to a higher/lower finish rate or getting a tungsten insert. You have to remember that weight is weight also. Placement is part of the equation but doesn't control the whole shift curve.....the profile of the arm has alot to do with it as well.

Doc,
You are using a 60g base weight with 7g added. Do you think you would get similar results with a 65 with 2g added? Which would you recommend? Why?
from the tip;1/41/4 then1/41/2 then1/4 1inch and there is a gap between the 1/2 and 1/4 I use the 1/2 screw to jam the 1 inch set screw.

So you are threading them from the back and from the front to "lock" them against each other instead of just butting them together........or butting some down near the tip and leaving some weight just threaded in from the heal?

1/4 insert in first then space then1/2 insert then 1inch. The half insert is set so the 1 inch can butt against it and stick out the back for leverage.

from the tip;1/41/4 then1/41/2 then1/4 1inch and there is a gap between the 1/2 and 1/4 I use the 1/2 screw to jam the 1 inch set screw.
I think the daltons might require a bit more in the tip area just because of the profile. you need base leverage to squeeze the belt.

While the daltons claim gram for gram comparison with a 10 series polaris.....I have not found that. EX: 10-68 Polaris @ 68.6g actual....usually end up 67-67.5 gram worth of Dalton....all things remaining equal.

The 65 base would work fine because the base weight wouldn't require much in the base. 2-3 grams in the tip,depending if your running a pipe or not. And keep it in the tip area,K5 is working on tungsten inserts that are heavier and shorter.The amount you can add will depend on the weights profile, more aggressive will most likely require less weight

I usually go with a soft primary spring cause I don't use studs and place most of the weight at the heel for good belt pinch.

I understand that Ed, but without modifiying either the threads in the weight, or the threads on a insert, there is no way to get the insert all the way to the very tip on the weights I have. Maybe that doesn't matter. Before someone pipes up that I am complaining, I am stating facts about the weights I have. I am not saying they won't work. I am trying to get all the info and various opinions from users I can on them. It seems some guys say my weights are normal, and some say they aren't. Some say they work, some say they don't. Kind of like many clutch setups. Nothing works for everyone. I am sure this post will have those that agree with me, and those claiming I am clueless.
Hey RD, I have the carltons and they are the same. You can only insert from the heel which makes sense as that is how you access them when they are in the clutch. I think mine are 66g and I run them empty. That works best for now with the set up I have. Sled rips.

I received these extended tip set screws from McMaster Carr yesterday to try in my Daltons. Pictured along with the std insert from Dalton. Both 1/2 inch long. The Dalton screw weighs 1.9 grams, the MC screw weighs 1.7 grams. Slightly lighter, but the tip is .130 long and will get damn near to the weight tip. Worth a try. I also bought them in stainless steel which is 1.6 grams slightly lighter yet. Wasn't sure what would weigh more.
mccarrinsert2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom