• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

IS POLARIS WORKING ON A 4-STROKE?

Polaris has had the prostar 4 stroke for years now,that's proven reliable and powerful.
Will it find it's way to snow mo division??

Polaris said a few years back that there's not enough market share for a 4 stroke. I think that's untrue now. They can't ignore it of they want #1 spot back.
The axys is that good, but it will take a good light weight 4 stroke to get #1 spot back period!!!!!

Polaris has had the prostar 4 stroke for years now,that's proven reliable and powerful.
Will it find it's way to snow mo division??

Polaris said a few years back that there's not enough market share for a 4 stroke. I think that's untrue now. They can't ignore it of they want #1 spot back.
The axys is that good, but it will take a good light weight 4 stroke to get #1 spot back period!!!!!

Right.. a light weight 4 stroke would definitely wake some MFGs up.

Right.. a light weight 4 stroke would definitely wake some MFGs up.
It should be waking Polaris up! They have great engines for the SxS and ATV lines and NOTHING for the snomo line. The other 3 have great 4 stroke engines, Why not Polaris? and when they do jump back it, will it be built in house or will it be contracted out like the FST?

It should be waking Polaris up! They have great engines for the SxS and ATV lines and NOTHING for the snomo line. The other 3 have great 4 stroke engines, Why not Polaris? and when they do jump back it, will it be built in house or will it be contracted out like the FST?

They could build one hell of a 4 stroke contender and it would push the other MFG to kick it up a notch to create some super light weight 4 strokers.

They could build one hell of a 4 stroke contender and it would push the other MFG to kick it up a notch to create some super light weight 4 strokers.
They could and they should. 150+ hp 1000cc turbo would be a nice addition, offer that in the RZR and a Indy 136".

I agree. I would love to throw a leg over one for 30-40 miles of twisty trail riding, but unless my take on a 4-stroke changes, I wouldn't buy one.
But hey, who knows, we might just be surprised.

I personally probably wouldn't get one either.I do a lot of off trail riding and spent $1000's to get them to perform and not wear you out but then you get on a stock Polaris 800 assault or pro and you can ride all day and your barely tired.I know trail riding is a different game but even all my buddies that had boosted Yamaha sleds with everything lightweight sold them and now ride pro rmks and they love them.The only thing the heavy 4 stroke was good for was a straight line.
I do love 4strokes for trail riding but they just dont fit me.I have owned both so I'm not speculating just some honest 2cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way I see Polaris doing this is if tooling, and R&D are reasonable and a huge profit in outcome. Otherwise no. As long as their in second spot with about 35% market share, I just can't see them doing it. Who knows???

A 4 stroke would be an awesome addition to poo's line up. I would probably pick one up if it proved to be reliable . Think of the credits it would garner as well. Maybe the epa would loosen it's grip on the 2 strokes

What is bigfuse's expert opinion on this matter?
Am I sensing sarcasm??

Just to let you guy's know, just because you do it on another site, it won't be tolerated here .
Have a good day

That is interesting Polaris asking about a 700. Well the 4 stroke they have with a turbo is 144 hp which is 700 2 stroke power range these days. About what the NA Suzuki and Yamaha triple are and they seem to sell.

No sarcasm guys, big fuse IS an expert and an all around great man. That's all I have to say about that.

Polaris 4 stroke sled FTW! Better late to the party than not showing up!

No sarcasm guys, big fuse IS an expert and an all around great man. That's all I have to say about that.

Polaris 4 stroke sled FTW! Better late to the party than not showing up!

Pretty strange comment... but ok.

I for one would love a 135-140 hp 700 2 stroke. There is definitely a gap in their lineup between 125 and 160hp

New Polaris 4 stroke Turbo?? LOL, I bet it would be fun at least to pull the trigger. She looks heavy as hell.

12122419_10153735650077112_4348321686673809251_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom