• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

IS POLARIS WORKING ON A 4-STROKE?

I agree with most of what you're saying . Especially on the comment on guys who ride hard go for a 2 stroke . But I still think they're missing out on a part of the market. .. maybe they don't need or want one,but before I bought my rush I was looking for a turbo dragon ,and was disappointed when I found out they canned them. Don't get me wrong ,2 strokes are the greatest but I sure would have liked to have had a 4 stroke for bag trips .
And BTW ,I'm drinking too lol

brock if Polaris isn't in the #1 spot who is? they are #1 with the most hard core guys (mountain guys) with the RMK & the 800 pro S is on top of trail riding or at worst polaris rotates annually with arctic cat zr8000 for top trail sled (last 2 years)...I have no idea what brand wins snow cross, how are we quantifying who is #1 in sleds. total sales annually mb? which we have no idea what the numbers on that are. I'm just going by reviews from pros who demo these for a full season every year...if they say its the switch pro s 800 & the zr8000 on trails by far & the RMK & nothing else close on the mountain. I believe them. who cares what the best 2 up is, the Yamaha 4 stroke is best utility sled, sweet so my grandfather will have a reliable sled for ice fishing :)

sorry for drinking & rambling on, hopefully a little bit makes sense haha
Makes sense to me. I can't imagine railing a four stroke through the trails we have here. I see why yammie has power steering on some of there models. They need it!
BTW, you and xcr700 aren't the only ones throwing a few back on a Saturday night LOL.

I'm one of those guys that enjoy 4Stroke torque and power band. I have been on all brands and all sizes of 2 strokes since around 1978. I "like" not carrying oil and the gas mileage better than most. I have had many 2 stroke's go down on family trips from bad gas or carb boots cracking . Yes I do preventive maintenance. most of my 2 strokes have over 8000 miles on them. Ok enough of that ! I would like to see Polaris put a nice 4 stroke in there Axys chassis and get it under 500 #'s 110-130 hp would do fine. I'm waiting and watching . So COME ON JUST DO IT !!

A four stroke would definitely round out the Polaris line-up. It makes total sense in a touring sled. No way would it be under 500 pounds. Might be able to do that in an Indy. What I'd like to see as well is an entry level sled for kids who look like sasquatch sitting on 120s. That segment is almost nonexistent. Maybe Cat Lynx or 'Doo Mxz sport ACE 600, but nothing else. Remember the Indy Lites and Yammie Enticers? What a hoot to ride for a noob, and easy to move around or get unstuck. Polaris really seem to be getting it together, but they need more engine choices.

DIMENSIONS
Fuel Capacity (Litres) 12(45.4)
Overall Height (in./mm.) 46(116.8)
Overall Width (in./mm.) 47(119.4)
Person Capacity 1
Ski Center Distance (in./cm.) 42.5(108)
Estimated Dry Weight (pounds/kg) 446 (202.3)
Overall Length (in./mm.) 121(307.4)

So If these are the spec's for a 2016 800 Switchback Pro - S and the dry weight is 446#'s I see no reason with some forward thinking why they can 't stick a four stroke in there and keep it under 500#'s . Lithium Batteries are light . Shit Doo did it with there Ace 900 motor! It's compact and light! We need this NOW !! only make it 110hp or more !

Back
Top Bottom