• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

IS POLARIS WORKING ON A 4-STROKE?

New Polaris 4 stroke Turbo?? LOL, I bet it would be fun at least to pull the trigger. She looks heavy as hell.

12122419_10153735650077112_4348321686673809251_n.jpg
That looks like a cat body though?? The belly pan design??

Lol.
It's a Suzuki motor so I bet it rips .

I would like to see Polaris in the 4 stroke game, they have the prostar proven motor for years now.
We'll see I guess

Lol.
It's a Suzuki motor so I bet it rips .

I would like to see Polaris in the 4 stroke game, they have the prostar proven motor for years now.
We'll see I guess

Hard to believe someone could even pack that motor in that chassis with a turbo.. great workmanship.

Whatever it is, they packed it in there so good.:)

Now that I looked closer at trailing arms. They look like doo doo. ADSA, almost da same as :D

I don't really foresee polaris making another 4 stroke as they're in the market for being the lightest sleds on the snow. They've already had a engine for quite some time. I will say that if they brought a triple back that it would sell three fold over a 4 stroke. That alone would get a lot of people to jump brands and would probably take the number one spot back. No one can deny that nothing beats the sound of triple.

I don't really foresee polaris making another 4 stroke as they're in the market for being the lightest sleds on the snow. They've already had a engine for quite some time. I will say that if they brought a triple back that it would sell three fold over a 4 stroke. That alone would get a lot of people to jump brands and would probably take the number one spot back. No one can deny that nothing beats the sound of triple.
I disagree.
Polaris needs to get into the four stroke market, but they won't because they have a big enough market share with what they have out now.

Everyone needs to build a high reving 4 stroke power plant that is super light weight.... its great for the industry. Look at the dirt bikes.

Say what you will I enjoyed my time on my 07 Apex. Sure I wish it was lighter. I wish Polaris would get in the 140 hp 4 stroke game.

Say what you will I enjoyed my time on my 07 Apex. Sure I wish it was lighter. I wish Polaris would get in the 140 hp 4 stroke game.
I agree 100%.

The way I see it.

Polaris wants #1 spot back bad. The ONLY way to do this is with a 4 stroke along with axys, reasonable priced base sleds and mountain sleds. Without all this in the mix, skidoo will be #1 for a lot longer.

They have the prostar motor that's proven reliable. Get it in a chassis with the stock 142 hp. Add a turbo if people want it and want more hp/torque,it's easily turbo'd to 180+ hp.

Now that I looked closer at trailing arms. They look like doo doo. ADSA, almost da same as :D
It is definatly a Doo chassis. Look at the turbo outlet. there is ribbing on the belly pan side. Doo CK3

I hope they don't waste any time creating a 4-stroke, heavy, slow. older folks know if they want a fair priced 4-stroke they can get a Yamaha. a few years ago we had a -30 degree night & morning in northerm maine, heres me & my buddy in the motel parking lot slowly pulling the pull start to get things moving in the engine on our 2004 xc 800s, the 4th pull mine started (on accident) because I was just trying to loosen things up before I gave it a yank & it stopped dead half ripping my shoulder out of its socket haha. meanwhile we are watching 2 older guys with brand new sweet looking Yamaha 4 strokes with electric start, they hit that start button for 20 minutes until the battery was toast, we offered help even though we had no clue, I had a jump box for jumping cars & offered them that, they said no thank you they wont cold start after sitting in this cold all night cause the engine oil was thicker than glue. so at 8am these guys closed up their trailer with 25k worth of new 4 stroke sleds inside & decided to just drive home early...that's all I will ever need to see, 2 stroke sleds forever. 4 strokes are for summer riding quads or bikes. just my 2 cents. I like the responsiveness of the 2 stroke & mine have always been very reliable

If poo want to stay competitive, they need a 4 stroke . With the epa destroying the 2 strokes, a 4 stroke would be a welcome addition. There's a market for it,and poo is missing the boat . Those yammie guys you're talking about sound like they weren't prepared. I've riden with 4stroke guys on overnight trips and the very first thing they pack is a 2amp charger they leave on it. Plus block heater . When

well the charger & block heater make sense, those guys were like 48 yrs old & I'm sure the saleman at the dealership was going on & on about reliability & you can run these 25,000 miles blah blah & they wanted 4 stroke for reliability & not to rip down trails & hit corners hard but the saleman probly never mentioned extreme weather cold starts & precautions to take blah blah. I know there is a market for 4 strokes, of course some people typically older folks that don't ride hard anymore, or the husband & wife on a 2 up 4 stroke, its great for them. but my opinion is guys that ride hard on or off trail 99% of the time go for a 2 stroke. I ride up in maine (trails) & after a few years ive learned certain people ride certain brand sleds & certain engine type. like 1 out of 10 newer ski doo model trail riders ride hard.... 90% is a husband riding all slow ahead of the wife who trying to catch up but they seem convinced ski doo is the best because its the most expensive brand, so its like 90% of newer skidoos are 40 to 55 year olds doing 35mph all day which is fine, I see groups of 20 like this lined up at the pump all klim gear head to toe, its just a pattern I noticed. most of the Yamaha 4 strokes I see on trails are 2 up, husband & wife which makes total sense, that's kinda the niche for the big heavy Cadillac, comfy for wife & easy for husband to keep running. but to say Polaris is missing out on the 4 stroke market is a silly statement, they have every stat on every sled sold in north America annually, they know when a change is needed to keep up w a certain market. you do know that Polaris switchback pro s 800 won all round sled of the year last year? (snow trax tv) & the RMK won mountains sled of the year this year. (sled trax) & the pro S came in 2nd this year behind the cat because arctic finally improved the suspension on the ZR8000 (I think that's model).according to snow trax guys who have no agenda & beat on these sleds all season long before they do a full review so I trust their opinions. they said the RMK left the competition in the dust & like 30 lbs lighter than the comp. Yamaha is last the last 2 years on trail (4 stroke models) then ski doo is 3rd on trails then Polaris & cat are one & 2 most years. they said they have no clue why u pay so much more for a ski doo & they have no idea what u actually get for all the extra cost. cat & Polaris lead the industry, they aren't missing the market, the market is trying to catch up w them

sorry for drinking & rambling on, hopefully a little bit makes sense haha

Back
Top Bottom