• We have updated the site to the latest version. You will be required to log in to make sure your account is active. There are quite a few new functions so it will take a little time to get use to it. Please post if you see or have any issues.

Jaws pipe heatshield

Wow. I really would have expected better from jaws also BUT i gotta go with Brock on this one it's complete and it works so RUN IT.

I buy i jaw pipe last month and I want to know what is the best method to wrap it . Full warp or partially like this pic ?

pipe jaws warp.JPG

I buy i jaw pipe last month and I want to know what is the best method to wrap it . Full warp or partially like this pic ?

View attachment 2155
ha ha ,that's my picture,and yes just like that or buy his heat shields. You have to remember,if you wrap it you need to take better care of it .When the wrap gets wet and sits it will hold moisture and rott,and you don't want that, cant leave the sled out in the rain, crap like that..

Yes it 's your pic !! But when the pipe is hot the humidity must come out of the warp ?
lol, I mean when a sled is left out side ,or neglected..lol the pipe will rot, had it happen to a buddy on that exact pipe ,took it to the dealer for service and it sat outside and fucked it up

Looks like my kids made those heat shields.
Personally, I'd be pissed if I received something like that for $150.
Shipping is shipping, but that seems high too.
I know diesel and stamping costs money, but there's only about $5 worth of material. Maybe $10 at most.
I'd be reluctant to put it on my sled.
Hopefully it functions better than it looks.
I think Brock has the right idea with the wrap.
After all, it's a very thin layer of insulation under the aluminum, and of course the aluminum itself has zero insulation factor. In fact, probably works as a heat dissipator.

Looks like my kids made those heat shields.
Personally, I'd be pissed if I received something like that for $150.
Shipping is shipping, but that seems high too.
I know diesel and stamping costs money, but there's only about $5 worth of material. Maybe $10 at most.
I'd be reluctant to put it on my sled.
Hopefully it functions better than it looks.
I think Brock has the right idea with the wrap.
After all, it's a very thin layer of insulation under the aluminum, and of course the aluminum itself has zero insulation factor. In fact, probably works as a heat dissipator.

That's docs pipe by the way ;)

I don't mind gregs heat sheald? It doesn't fit perfect but does the job . I realize it can be finessed better.

Greg's shield is overpriced for sure when compared to the quality. But, I will atest....it does its job.

Attachments

• 20170211_150702.jpg
    20170211_150702.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 293
I guess I look at this way. At least greg(jaws) has a heat shield. It does it's job keeping that pipe hot to get the hp/tq we want. No one other company offers a heat sheild?

I guess I look at this way. At least greg(jaws) has a heat shield. It does it's job keeping that pipe hot to get the hp/tq we want. No one other company offers a heat sheild?

Does that mean other companies need one? Which ones?

Nothing retains heat like the stock covers, so the jaws covers are The closest to stock you can get..the only covering that would work besides a wrap is swain tech. The white textured ceramic coating, feels like sand paper. The chrome looking stuff is better then black paint, but that's about it, doesn't hold heat well.

Well the bikeman uses the internal stinger i don't think you would want a cover for a pipe using that design as it makes a lot of heat? Probably would help the SLP. It looks like a hack job but if it works it works but its definitely not for everyone

Certainly looks better installed on the pipe, and looks like he polished it up a bit too.

I'm curious of thoughts on the Bikeman pipe also.
It's ceramic coated, I think, and is designed internally to basically hold heat, or make heat, whichever way you want to say.

Would that benefit from a shield too, or wrap. ??

Im considering the bmp pipe, as I've heard many good reviews, but I'd love to put a stock looking shield over it to keep prying eyes away.

Johnny's slp pipe is wrapped has been on his 800 and 860. Norms bmp pipe is wrapped as well. he has done some testing with it on and off, I believe with good results too.
Slp worked very well for John on both motors, great midrange on the860 over the jaws pipe

Well the bikeman uses the internal stinger i don't think you would want a cover for a pipe using that design as it makes a lot of heat? Probably would help the SLP. It looks like a hack job but if it works it works but its definitely not for everyone
Using that thought, whatever shops pipe mod that caused det after extensive testing and had a internal stinger, maybe would be better without the factory shields?

Back
Top Bottom